my lovely shrimp

ineke

• HOF Member

Squiggle told me if I don't post it isn't happening! I have 2 problems with that 1 my shrimp only want to come out when the lights are off! and 2 hubby has the phone with the better camera.

over the last few months I have slowly bought and been given some lovely high quality shrimp and some low grades. I started with my beloved RCS and have a lot of babies varying from newly born to coming up to breeding age. The colour seems to be good although I will need to cull some lighter males when I can catch them -don't want to upset my newly planted tank. I have shown pictures of them many times

Next tank is 6 A grade CBS showing nice banding but colour of black not so good, 2 beautiful Golden Bees photos have been shown, and 6 blue rilis (1 is saddled) but again they don't show up in photos. Next tank is my pride and joy from Dean my Boss box of chocolates- so dark you cant see them against my gravel but will give it a go when the phone comes home- they have black and blue genes and it looks like I have chocolate, black and blue shrimp THANK YOU DEAN you made my wish for Boss shrimp in my tank come true:triumphant:. 1 female is berried and so far is holding despite her move from Victoria.

Next tank has yellow culls with 2 saddled females and CRS (the motley crew) all B and C grade culls plus 1 lovely SS who is not in any way a part of the motleys- way too nice for that.

SO I should be very satisfied with what I have ( still keep looking at the rili pack though)and need to think where I am heading. I definitely will be breeding and keeping my chocolates and they will have pride of place in my new tank when I get it and set it up with just them in mind.I will keep the Rilis and breed them on plus my GB's and SS CRS. The RCS will be left for a few more months to breed as they will then a huge cull and a few of the best kept to improve their colour.The others I will wait and see but will need to make room if I am serious about breeding .

So pictures to prove it will be posted as I can catch them.

I need to say a big thank you Dean and 2OFUS for my better quality shrimp and hope I eventually do them justice- I have already thanked them but if not for them I would still have only good quality RCS and my lower grades.

• HOF Member

Some not so great pictures including the berried chocolate/black Will try to get better shots when Al comes home just to prove it does exist!

Edited by ineke

That's awesome Ineke, it's great to think that it all started from a couple of free RCS at Christmas, I can't wait to see your pics but I stand by my comment, lol :encouragement: I'm really keen to see your new box of chocolates, should be very cool indeed. :victorious:

Edit: looks pretty cool so far, the CBS looks very nice & the choccy looks huge, obviously very healthy & well fed :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Will try and get some decent photos the rilis aren't playing today and I cant see the blues but I will get them even if I have to pull the tanks apart!!!!

• HOF Member
That's awesome Ineke' date=' it's great to think that it all started from a couple of free RCS at Christmas, I can't wait to see your pics but I stand by my comment, lol :encouragement: I'm really keen to see your new box of chocolates, should be very cool indeed. :victorious:

Edit: looks pretty cool so far, the CBS looks very nice & the choccy looks huge, obviously very healthy & well fed :encouragement:

[/quote']

I've been extremely lucky Squiggle with the generosity of our members and by hubby giving the go ahead to spend when we were trying to cut back after our huge expenses last year. So I've promised to be satisfied with ONE MORE TANK FOR NOW and I may be buying some A+ CRS from Loach in a few weeks but that has to be it for a few months. Still want those Rilis though.

• HOF Member

Thanks Gbang hope to see some nice yellows from your girls too! I know the pictures are crap but will get some good ones later

• HOF Member

Rili and blue chocolate eating next to pile of dung- I mean spirulina- and yes it will be suctioned out very soon and feeding dishes used next time plus a pill cutter to make the pellet smaller!post-277-139909850625_thumb.jpgpost-277-139909860736_thumb.jpgpost-277-13990985063_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849562_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849566_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849571_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

So what did I say about being content with my lot. Have put in a bid for one of Dean's red rilli packs just waiting to hear back. Al caved in and let me get them- love the man. Anyway excitement plus for me.

So what did I say about being content with my lot. Have put in a bid for one of Dean's red rilli packs just waiting to hear back. Al caved in and let me get them- love the man. Anyway excitement plus for me.

Great news ineke, Dean is probably up to his neck catching shrimp to ship!LOL! Poor guy... Well it is always us men that cave in.

• HOF Member

Thanks CNgo I didn't think I would win this one but I caught him at a weak moment! I'm sure Dean will get back to me as soon as he can- just hope 3 other people didn't get there first!

• HOF Member
I'm sure he'll sort you out' date=' Deans a rockin guy :encouragement:[/quote']

the shrimp are on the way!!!!

• HOF Member
Hehe goodwork with the rilli's ineke!!

thanks Mick its your fault showing me beautiful berries rillis now I'm addicted!