Mishling breeding query

Robert

Fellow TB breeders, a question.

When you buy/breed mishlings and you keep them with TBs do you remove the males once they become sexable? Is that common practice?

I just assume so, so that their is a higher chance of TB x Mishling instead of mishling x mishling.

Spot on Robert. Thats what i do anyway. Other people might have different methods.

I once put a group of mishling with my TB thinking they were to young to breed with the TB. 3 weeks later my kk was berried thinking the male kk did the deed. A month later female kk droped her eggs and I had 8 shrimplets , 5 were mishling and 3 were TB. I then quickly took the all the mishling out and put them in a breeder box untill I can seperate male and females.

I once put a group of mishling with my TB thinking they were to young to breed with the TB. 3 weeks later my kk was berried thinking the male kk did the deed. A month later female kk droped her eggs and I had 8 shrimplets ' date=' 5 were mishling and 3 were TB. I then quickly took the all the mishling out and put them in a breeder box untill I can seperate male and females.[/quote']

The above quote is how to do it, some boys are very precocious, I don't put in till the females are saddled!

Really depends the extend of your selective breeding process. Some would use their patterned (S,SS,SSSS) male mishling to X back to their TB to selective obtain a mosura, hino...etc..TB ? Or if you have a Tiger selective program, using the males to X back with the females tibee's etc...so the males aren't at ALL useless...BUT females do have more VALUE ?

Hi Guys, i was just wondering, if a mishling breeds with another mishling, is there any chance of a TB as an offspring?

Really depends the extend of your selective breeding process. Some would use their patterned (S' date='SS,SSSS) male mishling to X back to their TB to selective obtain a mosura, hino...etc..TB ? Or if you have a Tiger selective program, using the males to X back with the females tibee's etc...so the males aren't at ALL useless...BUT females do have more VALUE ?[/quote']

Don't be so sensitive BB, you can't help being a male, lol.

Don't be so sensitive BB' date=' you can't help being a male, lol.[/quote']

There was a report last week, saying that the male genes were faulty, and there's a risk of our very existence ! So PLEASE don't blame me for being a tad sensitive over this matter ! LOL ...

This is all interesting that we all arnt on the same page. I was under the impression that we would much rather have Female mishlings berried to a Male TB as opposed to Male female TB berried to Male mishling. Seems like a 'waste' so to say having a tb berried for a month by a mishling.

Question number 2, when you go to achieve F2 do you specifically use Female mishlings into a tank with a (few) male tbs? Keep all your female tbs with male tbs?

There is always a small chance of mishling x mishling producing TB, check the breeding tablespost-277-139909850469_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909849401_thumb.jpg

When i see mendles breeding it always contradicts what everyone says about F generations increasing the chances.

This is all interesting that we all arnt on the same page. I was under the impression that we would much rather have Female mishlings berried to a Male TB as opposed to Male female TB berried to Male mishling. Seems like a 'waste' so to say having a tb berried for a month by a mishling.

Question number 2' date=' when you go to achieve F2 do you specifically use Female mishlings into a tank with a (few) male tbs? Keep all your female tbs with male tbs?[/quote']

well it would be far more effective and cheaper to own 1 or 2 TB males to impregnate 5-6 mischling females ..

than to buy 5-6 female TB's to mate with mischling males..

also ive heard that female TB 's are a little more

1 question i do have though is ....And it related to all shrimp..what caracteristics come from what sex

ie; males pass on leg colours to babies,females carry shell thickness..? i dont know..

They say that the males characteristics are more dominate but no characteristic is specific to any gender.

They say that the males characteristics are more dominate but no characteristic is specific to any gender.

Lol, did a male say that??????

Lol' date=' did a male say that??????[/quote']

Brother Marcus' own words.

Pretty sure the % and theory of "Mendel Law"has been proven incorrect, and/or not "necessarily" true. His model doesn't represent the F generation, and the % isn't formulated on a large large base/study.

IMHO and experience, it really depends on where your TB program starts.....1xM or 1xF or 1xPair or TB & mishlings etc....when I initially started, my focus was to initially ensure the TB genetics was within my colony, and create as many mishling's as possible, espacially as my previous TB berried females were dying during the gestation period...CRS are easier to get berried, are less sensitive, and the probability for them to get to full term was great.

As the selective program gains momentum, then it's up to the hobbyist to re-select how they wish to continue....even today, I've change my selective breeding program to be more define, i.e. patterns, traits within my TB program. Best to initially focus on getting F2+ mishling generations, then build your colony, alternatively if $ isn;t an issue, BUY a colony then different theories can be tested, and shared.

Mendels law is a simplified representation of genetics, only applies in basic situations and this probably wouldn't be one. Cherries definately don't follow this.

Basically it has to do with dominant and recessive genes as well as dominant genes masking alleles. In a basic sense, the CBS alleles could be expressed as AA, King Kong as BB, a cross is AB, which would likely exhibit characteristics of the CBS more than the KK as the CBS's genes are dominant. However AB with AB will give you 25% AA, BB, and 50% AB (this is the simplified idea, percentages change depending on what genes and whether it is sex linked etc) However, BB with AB will give BB and AB only.

There's been no testing to see if traits are sex linked as far as i know, would be interesting to do it controlled and scientifically.

I think Mendels law does support F generations it, but only very roughly, as Mendels only concerns itself with AA, BB etc, whereas in reality, there is probably multiple genes controlling the expression of a phenotype and it is likely that a lot of the genes can be masked. The main thing where Mendels comes into F generations is with the AB AB cross, this will give AA, AB and BB, whilst visually it may be hard to tell between the AA and the AB due to dominant genes, it is easy to remove the BB's, and successive crossing between AA's and AB's is likely to produce more AA's than AB's, eventually the AB's will be bred out of the population, hence with each generation, the chances of it producing a throwback is decreased. It does depend on how the genetics are shaped though, if the shrimp for instance was BB to begin with, f1 in the simplified model will be all it takes to have a purebreeding population with no throwbacks.

Also when i say BB i dont mean Bluebolts, i mean the BB in the original Mendelian theory.

I agree it's simplified, the point I was trying to make is there is a small percentage no matter what. Lets say its only 1%, if you're lucky enough to breed 100 shrimplets then you may get one, if lucky even a couple, that's all.

Mendel was too far ahead of his time and before evolution was believed by everyone, unfortunately he and Darwin got caught up in the great creativity and evolution debate! So I believe anyway, I have been known to be wrong, it's been a long time since school.

Maybe Marcus didn't want his number displayed to the world? LOL! Gonna start getting calls from heavy breathers and shrimp diggers!

haha now it wont be shrimp that marcus sends robert in the mail next LOL

I thought about censoring the phone number.. Okay time to to remove the picture from my post and Chi to remove it from the quote. All problems solved haha. I want to have shrimp in the mail...