Evolution of my fishroom... ahem... shrimproom

KillieOrCory

• HOF Member

Don't be so easy on him Bob come on Serkan we are waiting with bated breath for the finale;)

This is stunning to see. Do you breed Pygmy cories? They're my favourite :)

You guys are mean! ;)

End of an era

:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

:victorious:

Edited by KillieOrCory

It's called "tough love" dude, so suck it up princess! Hahaha :smiley_simmons:

With every death there is a new & greater beginning, RIP old fishroom! :sorrow:

;) haha yes!

My wife and I spent so much time moving the fishroom in the last few days that it almost felt like we were having our meals in the fishroom as well!!!

Edited by KillieOrCory

I feel like that some nights too dude, some nights I wonder why I have the rest of the house, hahaha. :victorious:

:encouragement:

One side almost fininshed

Started on the other wall :victorious:

Edited by KillieOrCory

;) haha yes!

My wife and I spent so much time moving the fishroom in the last few days that it almost felt like we were having our meals in the fishroom as well!!!

IMG_2657_zpse69e10d9.jpg

mmmmmmmm Pizza!!!!

To date the number one thing that impresses me the most is that your wife, encourages, assist and dines with you in your fish... ahem, shrimp room ! 1 in a billion for sure !

• Like 1

Awesome stuff dude, I have to agree with BB as well, where do I get me one of them, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

Definitely looks like the race is on to get our stuff finished, I think I might win as long as my RO keeps going strong, it's the only thing holding me up, lol :victorious:

Looken good Serkan

Its funny how a big room looks small when the tanks go in, I think its because we jam so many in to every space we can.

Bob

Looks amazing. How on earth do you pick which tanks to look at?

Cheers! My wife says the room has a time warp! I go in there for 5mins and an hour later...

Looking good Serkan what a way to end a day looking at those tanks.

Yeah thanks Ineke' date=' it has turned out great.

To date the number one thing that impresses me the most is that your wife, encourages, assist and dines with you in your fish... ahem, shrimp room ! 1 in a billion for sure !

Thank you BB, I feel very very lucky :encouragement: She is special, I must have been a very good person in a previous life! :D

+1 what BB said

Thank you :victorious:

Awesome stuff dude, I have to agree with BB as well, where do I get me one of them, hahaha :smiley_simmons:Definitely looks like the race is on to get our stuff finished, I think I might win as long as my RO keeps going strong, it's the only thing holding me up, lol :victorious:

You'll find one Squiggle, I found mine in the aisle 14! :pReally like your set up. I still got a ways to go. I have visitors this weekend so won't be doing much at all in the fishroom!

Looken good SerkanIts funny how a big room looks small when the tanks go in, I think its because we jam so many in to every space we can. Bob

Thanks Bob :encouragement: Yes I am stuffing in as many tanks in there as I can. There is hardly going to be any blank wall in the room.The racks at the old place just about all moved. The tanks in the photo and 18 tanks on the benches left to move.Temporary tanks set up in the far rack.The rack on the opposite wall (facing the camera) is going to have 3x 3foot tanks that I am getting custom made. Dimensions are 90x40x28h. The bottom row will have a 55x40x28high tank as the tap for the water reservoir filling is there.When the room is finished I am going to be having 8 60cm wide racks (4 on opposite walls) and 2 40cm wide racks (1 each on opposite walls).As I jam things in the room taking photos is becoming harder and harder.

Edited by KillieOrCory

Jeez dude, it's starting to look like a zoological species research & maintenance facility, very scientific & clinical, hahaha :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys :)

We had house guests for 10 days so there wasn't much progress made during that time. I only have 3 tanks with fish in left at the other place. Though there is still 30 tanks to move.

I am really enjoying the new room and how all the shrimp and fish look in their new accomodations.

So far have the Sunkist berried, and thought I saw the mishlings chasing each other yesterday! Fingers crossed!.

The killies are doing great!

In the above containers I have fry from left to right: Oryzias woworae, gardneri P82, dageti, bitaeniatum Ijebu Ode, poliaki Bolifamba, bitaeniatum LagosRed.

Also got eggs from: gardneri N'sukka, gardneri Udi Berge, gardneri Albino, gardneri Makurdi, gardneri Gold, gardneri Aquarium Strain, australe Gold, poliaki, bitaeniatum AMAR11, sexfaciatus AMAR11, bivittatum Funge, cinnamomeum, scheeli.

Some I have very few eggs of and some of the eggs are going off, but all in all it is a great start as a productive fish/shrimproom! :D

Corys are also doing well. My money is on zygatus breeding first.

Edited by KillieOrCory