Evolution of my fishroom... ahem... shrimproom

KillieOrCory

Woooohooooooo :victorious:

Check out the floor

IMG_2460_zps1b887480.jpg

IMG_2461_zps21ce22e7.jpg

IMG_2459_zpsdd9eba3b.jpg

I am super happy with it :D Today the non-slip coating goes on. Then it needs to dry for 24 hours before skirting tiles can be done.

Whaaaattttt!!!! You mean I can start setting up the fishroom this weekend? :victorious::victorious::victorious:

No sleep for you this weekend!! Looks amazing, great color too. Enjoy!!

Love the room and the flooring..... Can it get any better ! ... Oh yeah, there's the racks, tanks, finishing off the shrimp/fish room.... I'm sure ai speak for many, but were all soooooooo envious ! Regular updates PLEASE, great to walk through the build its you step by step. :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Wow Serkan that's awesome , how frustrating though so close yet so far! good luck this weekend I bet there will be a smile on your face a mile long!!!!

Wow dude, that floor looks awesome! Very cool pattern too. :encouragement: No sleep for you this weekend, but then who would want to with what you have ahead of you. :victorious:

Man your fish room is going to so awesome. I'm super jealous.

I'll have a few yellow cherry juvies for you when you get the tanks up and running

Thank you all :D I was doing the happy dance around the house when I came home and saw the floor.

The first non-slip coating is on. The surface now is a little rougher not as smooth as glass. I've decided to have another coat done tomorrow. Each coat dulls the colour but it is going to be non-slip.

Quite a lot to do now :encouragement:

I'll try to be a little more patient and spend time getting the set-up ready before moving tanks as I need to set up 4 racks, move the tanks from the 4 racks, then dismantle those racks, set them up in the new fishroom, move the tanks from the bench onto the new racks etc etc.

Will do photos of the progress!

Cheers newbreed! I will be busy!

BlueBolts, I still pinch myself that my aquatic dream is coming together. After getting married and our home built is done it is nice to get this one coming to its fruition as well. Once the room is up and running you and I need to speak ;)

Thanks Ineke, my job hurts from smiling :smiley_simmons: Actually each decision I make that delays the process is on one hand fells upsetting but on the other makes the room even better and better.

Thanks ninja love my new floor. I have a few friends that offered to help, but I am going to go slow and steady as I do not want to loose any livestock while rushing. I anticipate it is going to take me 2 or 3 weeks to move the whole fishroom over.

Cheers Squiggle, not much sleep though I have to make sure I spend part of the weekend with my awesome wife :o She is behind making my dream a reality (I call her my enabler) so she deserves my time and attention.

Luckily she is also handy in helping me putting together water top up systems etc LOL

Hi JohnH when this is finished you are more than welcome to drop in for a beverage and chat shrimp. Would love some yellow thanks :cheerful:

Slow and steady wins the race, Its dam hard but remember rushing kills fish, of that I am sure, I killed the wife's Gold Barra and that was 2 years ago I still pay for it.

Don't rush, but keep us up to speed

Are you doing systems so you can auto water change, it makes life and time on more important jobs easier.

Bob

This looks nice...:encouragement: Its braking my heart:sorrow: today a mate came and took 12 of my 4 footers away 16 of my 2 footers and 12 of my 1 footers Space is of a premium in my tanks now.If I cant bear to part with you you can stay but if you can be replaced later in life sorry you have to go.

living the dream mate' date=' love the floor and cant wait to see it progress.[/quote']Look who is talking! ;) Really happy with my choice with the floor. I wanted a darker colour so that my splashes and dirt don't show as much. It was a fluke that I got invited to check out a place they had done recently and they had used these colours I had in mind. Mine is more black than brown and the one I looked at was more brown with a hint of black here in there in the right light.Yeah, having waited this long it would be stupid for me to rush. A lot of my fish would be very hard to replace and I hate killing things when it can be avoided. So slow and steady is going to be the norm.I am having a system to do the water filling. Though I use a controlled siphoning for taking water out. Its ups and downs mate. Over the years I had my tank numbers fluctuated depending on what else was happening in life. I am just on a great patch at the moment. Those of us with genuine interest will eventually get the tanks/fish/shrimp/plants back.This is after the first coat of the non-slip coating. I think it is a type of polyurethane mixture, it adds an opaque and rubbery layer. It is good for hospitals and kindergardens apparently so should be fine in my fishroom :victorious:IMG_2462_zps5df8669a.jpgIt just added the rough texture to the floor. Before this application it was as smooth as marble. Great looking but not suitable for what I'll be doing in this room.

• 2 weeks later...

At last the room is complete :victorious: All I have left to do is to move the fishroom into here :stupid:

Skirting tiles are done

IMG_2468_zpscc781337.jpg

I like the way it looks even though the walls are not really going to be visible in this room :p

IMG_2467_zps72f8d989.jpg

And finally, tanks have started to appear in the fishroom

IMG_2474_zps5ef1ae25.jpg

Oooooo! Racks moving in :victorious:

Edited by KillieOrCory

Every day another step closer!!!

Congrats mate, it's coming together very nicely!!

Stunning dude, now the hard work begins, can't wait till you've filled it & start planning the next room, hahaha :congratulatory:

Every day another step closer!!!Congrats mate' date=' it's coming together very nicely!![/quote']Yes! Thank you :D I never knew I was this patient!Cheers. It actually turned out a lot better than I thought was possible!Thanks :redface-new: I almost don't want to go to work, stay at home and finish it!I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that :victorious:Definitely! Last night I was fighting with a drawer that I pulled apart and it was being stubborn and refusing to get back together. A lot of swearing, sweating and aches and pains later, I realised I am too tired!!! And stopped for the evening. This is it for me :D This is the ROOM. That's why it is going to be jam packed so that I cannot hatch plans to expand :smiley_simmons:Thanks John. I'll definitely let you know. I am more likely to invite you over for a drink once it is done :D I work stupid number of hours a week, so having more than 2 or 3 hours in a row even during times that people usually home relaxing is hard for me. I work too much!!! It makes it hard to plan moving the fishroom. I might just have to stop doing what I am doing and start work again!!!Though, working a lot has its benefits :victorious: It is allowing me to not worry too much how much things are costing to complete my fishroom. Cost of things are measured in hours. Flooring and the skirting tiles cost me approx. 30 additional hours of work. YIKES! I didn't calculate that like that before :smiley_simmons:Thank you! Can't wait.

That floor is hawt, cant wait to see it all up and running!

Be sure to update us every step of the way...... what an exciting event ! You must be having a time of your life !

That floor is hawt' date=' cant wait to see it all up and running![/quote']I know :victorious: I can't wait eitherSure will! Have to say I am having an awesome time. It is hard to keep working to put the fishroom together when you keep stopping to do a happy dance :smiley_simmons:Racks taking shapeIMG_2159_zps7e9da2d8.jpgI love it when a plan comes together. The power points are at the exactly where I planned them to beIMG_2155_zps1f478d75.jpgNothing can be perfect and I made a mistake, doh!IMG_2156_zpsd1be07d6.jpg

Nothing can be perfect and I made a mistake' date=' doh!

[/quote']

Oh no! A mistake, now you gotta tear it down and start all over again! LOL!

looking great and yes I am very jelly