Do My Choc Cherries have Blue Genes?

JohnH

I got my Choc Cherries from Dean's April Shrimp Sale and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that some might have blue genes? :cool-new:

P4040422_zps1b872177.jpgP4040428_zpsb011c0b4.jpgP4040431_zps51e4d9cf.jpg

I've heard some do, give them a couple of days and see how they settle down, that will be the best way to tell.

I got my Choc Cherries from Dave's April Shrimp Sale and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that some might have blue genes?

P4040422_zps1b872177.jpgP4040428_zpsb011c0b4.jpg

Did Dave have an April sale as well? Who is Dave btw? Looking at the pics I would say yes...

• HOF Member

Best ask Dean I do believe his have blue genes. A little birdie told me!

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

• HOF Member

They are gorgeous and to be lucky enough to have a chocolate that carries blue AND black genes is awesome. You should get some lovely shrimp from them. It pays to buy quality when you can.

Cheers

Beautiful blue....that's means another tank for selective breeding !

Marcus - the shrimp you sent looked exactly like that when I first opened the box. Males were blue as and only females remained dark.

John - if they are anything like mine, you will be surprised how they change colour over the next couple of days. I definitely wouldnt say its a disappointing change, just surprising :)

....that's means another tank for selective breeding !

I wonder if I can use that as a reason to get another tank? .. Hmmm maybe I better get my rack build finished first..

Marcus - the shrimp you sent looked exactly like that when I first opened the box. Males were blue as and only females remained dark.

John - if they are anything like mine' date=' you will be surprised how they change colour over the next couple of days. I definitely wouldnt say its a disappointing change, just surprising :)[/quote']

I'll be watching to see what colour they go :)

• HOF Member
I wonder if I can use that as a reason to get another tank? .. Hmmm maybe I better get my rack build finished first..

We can always use another tank. For every colour or type of shrimp you need a minimum of 3 tanks a holding tank and at least 2 for selective breeding but then you need a nursery tank for the babies to grow up in. Then really you need a male and female tank and then a maybe tank - maybe the culls will colour up when they get a bit bigger then you need a huge tank to put all the culls to happily munch out their lives or retire the breeders to. Have I missed anything? I'm not even going to count them but WE NEED MORE TANKS

cheers

ineke:encouragement:

Sounds about right, five tanks per colour or type, lol :congratulatory:

image-74_zps9c3c5792.jpg

• HOF Member
I'll be watching to see what colour they go :)

So John have they changed colour? I have some too but can't see them properly because they blend in with the gravel colour My berried female looks black!!! Can't even see the blue ones- have to get better lights on my cubes.

Cheers

You got a berried girl too? I wasn't sure if to mention if I got one or not. It was a nice surprise.

Not all of mine came out at tucker time, but some of them do look very dark.

The little one, that is a bit blurry in this pic looks dark enough to be black

P4050447_zpse43765c7.jpg

• HOF Member

very nice, yes i got 1 berried girl a few very blue plus the chocolate. Dean is very good to us!

cheers

ineke:encouragement: