Thinking thinking thinking

ineke

• HOF Member

My 30" tank looks good now but a bit empty of shrimp even though there are about 70 or so Cherries in there.

I'm thinking the CBS would look nice in there but would need to get the WP more to their liking. At the moment it is mainly the PH at 7.2 and TDS at 262 that need adjusting. Does the salty shrimp with the RO water buffer it enough to get the PH down? If I start changing the cherries water over a couple of weeks would that be OK for them?

I have some ADA (amazonia I think) in half of the tank with the plants in it and haven't looked at what buffering qualities it has as it is about 15 months old - it is there just to look nice wasn't put in for buffering -HexaD gave it to me.

What do you think ? Can I do it? The CBS are in one of my cubes with yellow cherries at the moment and the PH is a bit high for them in there anyway.

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

I think they should be ok as long as you acclimatize them properly, I would try & get the 30" tank as close to the other tank as possible to the other tank before you move them. I'm not sure about the Amazonia soil as I haven't used it :encouragement:

image-74_zps2c5a5e87.jpg

• HOF Member

thanks Squiggle Thats what I thought acclimatise slowly and change the cherry tank before hand. They aren't miles apart anyway so the cherries should be fine. I might lose the CBS for a while because of the planting etc but in the long run the bigger tank would be better for them.

good you gave the right answer this time have a house point

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

The other alternative is to add Fulvic Grains....cherries have a better ability to acclimatise to lower PH, vs CBS to higher PH.

• HOF Member

Thanks BB I will look into the fulvic grains when I said lose the CBS I meant because they are small and there are lots of plants to hide in and only 6 CBS.

Cheers ineke:encouragement: