TDS Pen Arrived Today

JohnH

My TDS pen arrived today and here are the results

RO water bucket: 1

3' Red Cherry Tank: 138

3' Yellow & Red Rilli Cherry Divided Tank: 78

From what I've been reading, I should be aiming for a TDS of around 200 for my Red Cherries?

So I'm thinking the best approach will be to do around a 20l water change every second day and add one'ish scoop of Sulawesi powder to the 20l of RO water?

Wow...TDS of 78...how does the yellow / red rilli's look ?

For cherries, 200+ would definitely be preferably. Just 10-20% each day or two ...

I did a 20l change out on the Yellow/red rilli tank and the TDS is now 84, so that is a change of 6 TDS. So it's going to take around 20 water changes to get it to 200, perhaps a little over a Month. How does that sound? Should I do it a little faster or leave it at that?

The yellows and red rillis appear to be doing fine. I've had both with berries recently.

I'm going to have to get some more containers to hold my RO water in.

I'd add enough salty shrimp so that over the course of 1-2 weeks, you get the TDS to where you want it. WC's isn't neccesary each time you increase the TDS......just lightly sprinkle (pinch) of the salty shrimp every 1-2 hours..... The cherries will be fine....

I was thinking that I would slowly swap out tap water that I used to use in the tanks for the good RO stuff. I didn't think I could just add some Sulawesi without new water. It will makes things heaps quicker that way. :)

Sure, if your shrimps are doing OK, and your tap water has such low TDS, then it's all good. Don't really need to "swap tap to RO"....... BUT do what you're most comfortable with....the "good RO stuff" is the sulawesi mix.