Superfluous images

Foxpuppet

This is not meant to be having a go at anybody, rather I have recently been having issues when viewing the forum using tapatalk with way too many pictures added to members posts that really don't have anything to do with skf but are just memes etc. they cause a long wait for a page where you are trying to read the actual information or see pics if shrimp but constantly have to wait for images to load only to find its a picture of a dog or cat meme.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Is there any way we can tone his activity down a little. I mean a few in a thread is one thing but having it occur with every post is a bit over the too surely?

Thoughts? :)

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

In general the use of pictures in posts has been well received and appreciated by members as some light hearted fun. However, if this is causing the functionality of the forum to be reduced, this will be addressed.

Could any members (particularly those using tapatalk) post here to let us know if you are experiencing this issue?

To be honest, i don't use Tapatalk, but i often use my phone. The images simply don't load on my phone when i have bad internet connectivity, the text is still fine in most cases, however when i am on my pc, i do thoroughly enjoy the images and would prefer that they continue to be a part of the forum. I know this is pushing it, but is it possible to hide images, have a no image option for mobiles or have a 'load image' button just for tapatalk (i know there are limitations, but maybe its possible?).

I like the images :)

keep em coming squiggle

+1 :)

Is there a way on Tapatalk to make it not automatically load images?

I use Tapatalk and I haven't found pictures to be a problem. If I have a bad connection then I just read the text and worry about the pics when I get home or have a better connection.

Superfluous images

+1 :)Is there a way on Tapatalk to make it not automatically load images?
The problem with that is I want pictures of shrimp and tanks and everything else to load just not this other stuff. Memes are all over Facebook instagram and every other social media out there. If they were of shrimp related stuff that would be one thing, but they are not. I'm not sure squiggle selects every image individually or if they are automated into the sig line. i wonder if its possible to block one users images?I enjoy squiggles info so nothing against the posts in general just the fact that it takes much longer for me to read a thread. Ill get halfway through and it jumps back and forth as the images continue to load and space out the text.Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

• HOF Member
I like the images :)

keep em coming squiggle

I like the images too keep them coming Squiggle.

I use my ipad at night- when I'm in Bed!!!! and just use the AVG app instead of tapatalk app and have no problems at all down loading series of pictures. Could you try that instead?

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Superfluous images

I'm not talking about being at home when on wireless network, that's no drama. Tapatalk is a mobile app, if I'm at home I'm on the Mac and that's also no problem. Only when out and about and with limited coverage some of the time it slows it down. I use tapatalk for half a dozen other forums and don't have a problem as they have rules on image posting like this.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

I used to sit around 20-30% of my phone data usage by the end of the month. Last few have been >80%, I only use my phone data for browsing shrimp forums at work and uni...

Would be cool to have the images hidden and then load if wanted. I certainly get a chuckle out of a lot of them so don't want to see them go anywhere.