Need More Room - It's Rack Time!

JohnH

• HOF Member

I caught out another tank of Chocolates today- I'm putting them all back together so I can redo the two spare tanks- and noticed I have some tiny reds in there as well. So I have milk chocolate, dark chocolate, black, blue and now red from the original 8 I got from Dean. I don't want to get more tanks so not sure what I will do besides concentrating on the Blue but after seeing the nice reds you get from them I'm thinking it might be nice to have them too. It doesn't get any easier does it? I've got 8 tanks and really can't handle anymore .

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnH

• Squiggle

• ineke

• BlueBolts

Yeah, I must resist the temptation to get more myself. These extra four tanks will be taken up by the variations I already have.

• HOF Member

I've got 3 tanks for Rilis, blue velvet and growing out tank but once I get a good number of blue velvet I might give up on the Rilis - I think.

I know the feeling dude, I have five more tanks to finish my system & they have already been allocated to projects, lol :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great John :encouragement: I bet it feels great to have completed it.

• 6 months later...
I went to Bunnings today and decided to get one of the shelving units 1800 high x 600 deep x 900 wide. Each shelf can hold 750kg apparently. I got 12mm ply instead of the MDF shelf inserts as they are bound to get wet at some stage.

P3310398_zpsb95b6b63.jpg

Tanks fit perfectly

P3310399_zps3bd727f5.jpg

Only trouble is I had to put this in the dining room at the entrance to my man cave as it was too big. The wife was none too happy to start with' date= but she soon came around. The only proviso is I have to cover the rack with wood or perhaps some black perspex so it doesn't look so industrial.

I went with 25mm for the drainage system. I will have to order some stainless steel strainers for the inside of the tank as the ones i got with the tank are not shrimp friendly.

I'm still undecided on what size to use for the pump side yet.

P3310405_zpsfff1faec.jpg

hi mate just wondering what did the racking roughly cost ?

Memory is a little unclear' date=' but I think it was under $200[/quote']

yer I went to bunnings the other day and its about 150 for a rack.........