My aquascape experiment

Gbang

So I aquascaped a two foot tank for my girlfriends family as their Christmas present and so far it's worked!!! I had some discussions regarding flame moss as a background and everyone said that tying it to a log is better. I tried it anyway just for fun. Dry start with mini pelia as a foreground, fissidens to rocks and flame as a background with some synoganthus Belem cause I like it and it worked!!! Also been throwing blue rilli culls in the tank so it's kinda wicked!!! Enjoy guys.

500D0095-B19F-44D7-A0BD-745606AA72AA-3768-000003463D3EB6B7_zps64990a38.jpg

Can anyone give me suggestions with anything to make the plants greener and healthier? Algae problems as well? Any suggestions for ferts with shrimp in the tank?

Looks awesome Gbang!!

i use ADA green brighty and haven't had any issues with the shrimps yet (it's only been about a month though).

Her mom loves it way more than her lol. So I had a look torface. Ada green brighty step 2?

Yes i think it's step 2. Will have to get my boyfriend to check tomorrow as I'm away for work and he's custodian of my tanks right now :)

Sorry Gbang' date=' the castle has gotta go ![/quote']

I second that.. Castle must go, tell her your friends on the internet insist.

As for ferts can you give us a run down on your water conditions, lighting set up, and substrate, CO2?

i dose using a DIY Macro mix heaps cheaper this way.

Basically:

33g KNO3

7.2g KH2PO4

mixed to 250ml of distilled water

this is your macro mix which i dose 8ml every 2nd day to my 120lt tank but depending on your plants and setup will differ.

Then on the alternate days i dose Flourish trace & iron (note dont dose iron same day as Phosphate they react making them useless for plants)

Then at the weeks end i do a 50% water change and no ferts that day, then the cycle starts again.

Hope that helped

If ya gunna have a castle in there, you must have dragons too. What's a castle without dragons flying around it????????

So you either get dragons flying around the castle, or you man-up and tell your GF MUM .... "this is MY gift to you. Don't use the castle to stamp your mark or to symbolise the final say... The castle is going !" Bhahahah, so much easier to stir when you're on the otherwise of the fence huh.

Shut up Marcus, it's her scape, if she wants a castle, let her have it!

Gbang, speaking as a mother-in-law, don't upset her, it isn't worth it!

Be clever, the first time there's a dead shrimp in there, say it must be because the castle is leaching toxins!

Ninja, truly spoken from a MIL's perspective...and we All Know about MIL's ... LOL.

Gbang, it's not about getting the castle out, NOW it's about the principle, the "drawing the line on the sand" stage. Now it's the castle, tomorrow is the move in, and then who know's ..... Bhahahahahahahaha

Marcus, what's all this line in the sand c..p.

Gbang, don't listen to him, he's just trying to get you in the manure!!!!!!

Bahahaha' date=' do I need to separate you two, lol :beaten:

[/quote']

Hell no, this is getting exciting now! I want to see who wins!

Hell no' date=' this is getting exciting now! I want to see who wins![/quote']

I've been married for 19 years, and have learnt that women always win ..so I'll just back away here.... LOL.

Hahaha, well said BB, spoken like a true married man, best thing about it is if they get it wrong you can just smile & say "I told you so" lol :encouragement: or if you're really game you can quote the king of married men, Homer Simpson "Don't you ever get sick of being wrong" lmao :beaten:

image-74_zpsb20c272e.jpg

• HOF Member
I've been married for 19 years' date=' and have learnt that women always win ..so I'll just back away here.... LOL.[/quote']

You are a wise man BB LOL:encouragement:

Gbang, I got my boyfriend to check and i'm using the Step 3. It seems to be working :)

Great thread but BB even if you win, you know the saying " when mum isn't happy, no one is happy" Lol

Sorry Gbang' date=' the castle has gotta go ![/quote']

I like it. :)

Why does aquascaping have to be so serious?