Hsoje's 120lt, 60x40x50 Aquascape (Scary Tree Scape)

hsoje

• 1 month later...

Update time!!!!!

Heres some shots i took over the weekend before and after a prune.

Before

D2D7E3B6-CA38-4C3A-A26D-A89649836CBC-878-00000020564F9E2C_zpsd5fb2880.jpg

After

00F08623-241A-4DE7-ACF1-9FC875812FC8-878-0000002576FCF74D_zps330409c6.jpg

Enjoy.....

Your tank is so clean and algae free. Looks like those Japanese aquascape I see on Internet. Love your work mate

wow! great scape, is that H.callitrichoides at the left? great use using such plant in front of the tank, not anyone can do that type of technique ;-) And is it Utricularia in the foreground? Whats your lightning?

Congrats,

Fernando

• HOF Member

Looks great just love the tanks fully covered like that!

Firstly thanks everyone for the kind comments...

wow! great scape, is that H.callitrichoides at the left? great use using such plant in front of the tank, not anyone can do that type of technique ;-) And is it Utricularia in the foreground? Whats your lightning?Congrats,Fernando
Fernando no that isn't HC on front left its actually HM (hemianthus micranthemoides) grows like a weed.. Also yes growing in the foreground that's Utricularia relay got to be careful when pruning it..my lighting is currently a 150watt eshine led light (not sure on kelvin rating but should be running round 6500k), plus I'm running a 2x 24watt T5HO. Realy I need another 150watt or maby a ATI sunpower then I would be satisfied .thanks josh

Such a beautiful tank! Love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Looken good and well done.

just one more thing to add about Super glue, it just about the same glue they use to glue us up with, so is AOK for tanks and I learned the hard way about the need to tweezes LOl, that makes me so happy to find out I was not the only GOOSE.

BOb

• HOF Member
Looken good and well done.

just one more thing to add about Super glue' date=' it just about the same glue they use to glue us up with, so is AOK for tanks and I learned the hard way about the need to tweezes LOl, that makes me so happy to find out I was not the only GOOSE.

BOb[/quote']

If you use the gel instant glue it gives you time to move things to exactly where you want before it grips and for Bob time to get his fingers apart. I learnt the hard way too:anonymous:

Ok I guess it's time to get gluing, I've heared of blending moss like fissidens then if I laid that on a gell glue I recon I could make some pretty strange moss scape creations..

Not herd of Blending Hsoje, let us know how it goes??

Jel Ineke, see you do learn something every day, I am getting some Black tiles made so I guess I am using Gel now TA for that

Bob

• HOF Member

Works a treat Bob. Hsoje I've heard of blending but also adding a bit of yoghurt -that may be for a dry start not 100% sure but it was on this site that it was mentioned the yoghurt may have held it together or have something in it to feed the moss. I remember they blended it and pretty sure then smoothed it on to the surface -probably was a dry start cant see it staying together in water.:encouragement:

Can someone please explain how to trim moss without getting bits of moss all over the tank please? More information on blending please?

Can someone please explain how to trim moss without getting bits of moss all over the tank please? More information on blending please?

this moss you see in the tank i havent trimmed once i just made sure i tied it good to the DW that way all the growth was new growth. But if i have a tile or rock ect i usually remove it and then get a Chinese take away container filled with water to submerge the rock while trimming with sharp scissors.

I saw it somewhere maybe a magazine where you chopped up fine aka blended moss in this case it was fissidens then glued or stuffed the chopped up moss into crevices. im thinking maybe a knife?

With my moss, I can't take it out of the water because of baby shrimp in the wood its tied on to, so I have to snip away inside the tank and end up with bits all over. How does one overcome this problem, please?

• HOF Member

It was suggested just to use tweezers and pull the pieces of moss off -that was for fissidens but guessing it may work with any moss or else get a container with tank water in it put the wood in that with the babies and trim carefully. The babies will be in their normal water and if you work at a reasonable pace the water wont get cold then just scoop up and put back in tank.

• 1 month later...

Here are some shots I took for the IAPLC this year. Should have results early August

Just trying out some diffrent coloured backgrounds, what do people prefer?

null_zps9de66105.jpgnull_zpsca0b199a.jpgnull_zps00f540ba.jpgnull_zps9cea9c3f.jpgnull_zpsd18646f0.jpgnull_zpsf582b11d.jpgnull_zps1c99ff19.jpgnull_zpsbfa19858.jpg

Enjoy!!! :)

I like the last one' date=' it looks like a sunset.[/quote']

It does dosent it..... Amazing what you can do with a light and cellophane

Beautiful looking tank. Good luck with comp and I hope you place high.

Agree with last tank back ground looking best. :)