Sign in to follow this  
hoang1912

Losing CRS shrimp

CNgo2006
Chi- can you drink that water aswell? It would kill two birds with one stone and the Mrs would approve if its dual purpose. Clean water for shrimp' date='

Clean water for humans to drink.[/quote']

I wouldn't advise it bro as it has a DI stage, RO is safe to drink but the DI is for the aquarium, ask the seller for a DI bypass valve so if you want drink water you switch the valve, if you want aquarium water switch valve other way.

hoang1912

BUt normally, we can drink tap water. Btw, when using RO unit, how much water can we collect in 100 liters?

MrShrimp

Answer= 100 liters

hoang1912

the RO water I mean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      I re-read the post, and I see the shrimp have been moved. As Simon, said, it's best to get the tank at least an air sponge filter.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I think they have separated the shrimp into their own small tank but the betta is still in the big tank if I have read it rightly?  Simon
    • jayc
      Not a good sign. The fish already has a taste for shrimp. If the shrimp aren't too damaged now, wait till the betta gets hungry.   You need a filter, but more so for your betta. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Sorry to hear that putting your shrimps with the betta didn't go well. My first betta couldn't have shrimps either as he would go after them. My current betta is ok though, he gets very close and watches them but nothing else? It would be best to have a filter if you can get one small enough, and if it is adjustable have it on low flow because it is a small tank, the shrimps are fine in flowing slow water,! Are you planning to keep them in this tank long-term or is this tank temporary until you decide where to go next with them? It is possible that some may die from injuries/stress/shock etc, but hopefully they will be ok. Simon
    • FancyBubbles
      On Saturday I wanted 8 ghost shrimp for my betta (he's in a 12 gallon). Mostly for extra cleaner, while also expecting the my betta trying to eat them. After one night, he ate out the eyeballs of 3 shrimp while the remaining 5 seemed to be attacked but not too damaging. Currently they're in a 2.5 gallon tank, no filter, gravel as substrate, 1 moss ball, 2 plastic plants, and a small castle for hiding. For food I put one algae wafer (in tank right now) and plan to put pieces of lettuce or cucumber after a couple of days. My question is, do ghost shrimp need filter? I currently have 5 of them in the 2.5 gallon tank. If they do I'm planning on to get a certain sponge filter that's safe for shrimp and small enough to not cause too much current.