Purple Pocket Shrimp - New wild shrimp from Taiwan

Trav80

I saw these pictures earlier this evening and I think they look amazing, I spoke with the poster and he was happy for me to post them here with a bit of a description as I know we all like new varieties.

post-1479-139909860411_thumb.jpg

post-1479-139909860416_thumb.jpg

post-1479-139909860419_thumb.jpg

post-1548-139909850262_thumb.jpg

These are the Purple Pocket Shrimp, a wild caught shrimp from Taiwan that does not have a scientific name as of yet. They can be kept in brackish, fresh or even salt water as they are found in streams and rivers very close to the ocean and can acclimatize to salinity levels quite easily. They require a high PH and mid temperature and will eat pretty much anything. Their colour can change from bright red to deep purple depending on their environment and they do not like the light very much as they are usually hiding in shelters in the deepest area they can get to.

These appear to be one of the latest shrimp on the market in Taiwan, and no I don't have any :)

If I see any higher quality images I will post them up as well.

This is one to add to the wanted list I think :)

post-258-139909859694_thumb.jpg

post-258-139909859696_thumb.jpg

post-258-1399098597_thumb.jpg

post-258-139909859703_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow... They're amazing ! Love them. Thanks for sharing and posting ! Looking forward for updates, WP...etc...

Stunning shrimp dude, they look amazing, like BB I'm waiting with baited breath to find out more info & pics of them :encouragement:

image-74_zps611017b1.jpg

The WP that seems to be working from them at the moment is..

PH 7.0 - 8.0

Temp 24 - 28

GH 6 - 8

TDS 350

Thye do breed in salt water and fresh water but seem to do better in brackish water.

I have bugged the guy a fair bit tonight as it is so I will ask some more questions in the next day or two in regards to how they breed.

These shrimps would look Awesum in large group but I can't imagine the price tag for these shrimps ATM.

They are real little stunners! Very pretty and eye catching

Lol, they remind me of those tiger prawns you find at fish markets

That they find these WILD in Taiwan really irks me! What gems must be hidden here in Australia!

Somewhere up North you can bet your boots we have something just as amazing and stand out as these guys, its just a matter of finding them.