Sign in to follow this  
Squiggle

Practicing my macro shots

Squiggle

Thanks dude, got a long way to go yet but the black is starting to get some deep consistancy. :encouragement:

BlueBolts

Very cool squiggs, the colours on those CBS are great.

viridisornatus

Lovely CBS :D

Heavyd

Beautiful CBS mate. Can really see the difference in photo quality with the new flash.

Which flash unit did you end up getting?

Squiggle

Thanks guys, a couple of the CBS I have are start to get coloured legs. :victorious:

@Heavyd - it's only a cheap one, Yongnuo Speedlite YN560 III, it's got 2.4ghz wireless trigger so getting the flash from the top is easy. This one was recommended to me by a professional photographer, he told me I didn't need to spend ridonkulous money on a very good flash. :encouragement:

Heavyd

I have two of the Yongnuo flash units. I think mine are the 565 EX models. I'm very happy with them and they are perfect for a noob like me. I only know how to use them in manual mode lol

Squiggle

Hahaha, yeah mine has a few features that I'm not sure about yet but I will be practicing with it to see the differences. They are a great flash for us noobs & very reasonably priced, just goes to show you don't need a big dollar flash to get great results when you're just starting out. :victorious:

ineke

Great shots there Squiggs your shrimp are looking great. :encouragement:

Squiggle

Thanks Ineke, the colours & patterns are starting to move quite well in the direction I want them to go, still got a long long way to go before I'm happy with them though. :encouragement:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Blazepelt
      Quick update: Definitely one saddled shrimp possibly 2. 3 Moults. And lots of activity! Here’s more pics.  
    • clippergear
      @Blazepelt  thanks for the advice of just spreading the powder on the surface of the tank for the babies. I hadn't thought of using it that way. @jayc  thanks for the recipe. It's probably very similar to anything Repashy would have but is more nutritious like you said. I know it's way cheaper to make my own!! Thanks for the link to the recipe. I've checked it out and it seems straight forward with readily available ingredients!! I've already located the super greens and the agar agar. I'm assuming I could add some other minerals and stuff to the recipe as well, which I like to do.
    • jayc
      @clippergear, make your own ! I have a recipe somewhere on this forum. It's more nutritious than repashy since they have to keep costs down.  Oh yeah ... found the link. https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/8429-new-food-type-for-shrimp-shrimp-kandy-feast/  
    • Blazepelt
      Hi clippergear, I don’t speak from experience but I hear shrimp adore repashy gel. Which is just repashy powder mixed with water and boiled. It comes out as a jelly. I have never heard of a shrimp that doesn’t like it. Most shrimp even love the straight powder form. It’s especially beneficial to shrimplets as the powder will float all over the tank.    -B
    • clippergear
      When I kept shrimp a while ago I fed them the Repashy Shrimp Souffle and they absolutely loved it. It was an easy product to make and I liked it a lot. I'm getting back into keeping shrimp and found out that Repashy no longer makes the Shrimp Souffle. I was wondering if anyone feeds their shrimp Repashy and if so what kind or kinds?