Meet Lucky

planted

just thought id'e post up a pic of a shrimp iv'e named lucky :beaten:

now i don't usually name my shrimp "but" i think this one deserves a name lol.

ok here's the story "bear with me"

bought some more plants today and needed some where to quarantine them as the tank in the shop i got them from was being quarantined.

iv'e had 2 x 100ltr tanks that still have water and red sea flora base in them from 7-8mths ago but have had no filtration/heater lighting, water changes etc.

"yes i know pretty lazy hey" should have pulled them down long ago. but very buisy atm and a little lazy too :P

pulled out just over 50% of the water and topped it up again so i could put the new plants in for a cpl of weeks or so before putting them into the shrimp tank.

i see this little fellow come out from behind a rock i have in there.

Lucky.jpg

i left it in there when transfering the shrimps over to the big planted setup around 7 to 7.5 mths ago as it was a pretty poor grade

this CRS has gone through summer with no food, no filtration and some stinking hot days.

the tank is right in front of a window, but has pretty thick curtains between it and the window, but it must of got pretty hot !

there was also a fair bit of detritus matter on the substrate so it must of survived on that alone.

hmmm CRS hard to look after and very sensitive, i don't think so lol :P

Lucky or a true quality crs?

Ive had tanks outdoors that i use to dump my plants and occasionally find the odd shrimp in there. This summer i found over 10 in warm to the touch water. Another story is this one time i was helping 2toned (tony) clean out a pond and went "he tony, do you now you have shrimp in here?!" mind you he lived right next to the coast. Tough little buggers.

Wow! That is one crazy tough little CRS, such an appropriate name too :encouragement:

image-74_zps6d7fca1e.jpg

Go the Lucky shrimp!

My most recent lucky shrimp, involve a tank being drained to 2cm of water, stripped of old soil and new soil dumped in there, then filled up, to find 3 baby shrimplets in the tank. They are amazing creatures. So we must really have a knack for killing them, when they can survive ordeals like that.

• HOF Member

I knew cherries were tough but wow maybe CRS are pampered too much making them harder to keep. WAY to go LUCKY .

Great story Planted

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement: