Who owns RO units?

Dead Can Dance

Dumb @ss Bunnings dude, every time I go there I get the feeling they just don't want to be there & don't care, spewing torface, you'll get there eventually :encouragement:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squiggle

• Dead Can Dance

• torface

• CNgo2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't say that Squiggle, I got shares in them? But not for much longer the way Juliar is going?

The attachment did yes' date=' but not the 3 converter thingys i had to buy from bunnings to make it fit the laundry/ garden tap... they didn't and they're what's leaking.[/quote']

I just used teflon tape for those connections and seems to have worked...Give it a go, you should have some plumbers teflon at home somewhere no? Or return all that crap from bunnings and just get this one for your garden tap...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130861508866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks, I ordered that. Pretty sure that'll do the trick much better than a million pipe connectors that all leak:)

I just got mine.

It is so painfully slow, comes out in a dribble. $100. I would have paid a bit more cash for faster!

700ml in 12 minutes. Anyone got anything faster?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120959533775?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1057wt_914

They claim '

Produces +/- 100 litres per 24-hours depending on local mains water pressure'

• HOF Member

It takes about 15 minutes for me to fill a 4 litre bottle with my portable unit so i just set the timer and go change bottles or buckets. It's slow but if you store the water ready for use and then just replace what you use as you use it it's not too bad. Just slow the first time when you need to fill new tanks.

It takes about 15 minutes for me to fill a 4 litre bottle with my portable unit

Ineke, that is very fast compared to my one. Where did you get yours and how much was it?

It's the nature of the RO filter, they are pretty slow but they work well. Just a tip too, run the filter for an hour or so just to flush any crap out of it. When I first started mine the TDS was at about 200ppm & after an hour or so came down to zero, now it's running a constant zero. They are slow but well worth the money :encouragement:

Mine was pretty good straight of the bat, 0ppm straight away but I still let it flush.

In terms with how fast it produces ro water is dependent on how many psi your taps have. Mine produces 10litres in about 20mins

• HOF Member
Ineke' date=' that is very fast compared to my one. Where did you get yours and how much was it?[/quote']

Mine was from ebay and the same as Squiggle's with out the extra add on it was only $97 delivered and I'm very happy with it and the service from the manufacturer . Squiggle had some thing extra added to his. Mine is a 3 stage so if you have the 4 stage it probably will be slower.

Yeah I got the DI(deionisation) stage extra & with my water pressure I can fill a 10L container in about 45mins :encouragement:

• HOF Member

patience young man patience. Once you have got the initial water and tanks setup you wont need to use very much for top ups

Yeah I got the DI(deionisation) stage extra & with my water pressure I can fill a 10L container in about 45mins :encouragement:

Can you include a link to your model? I dumped my last one as it literally took 12 hours to produce 20L so I'd run it overnight, but the amount of waste just wasn't

acceptable so got rid of the unit completely but interested in again primarily for topups.

Can you include a link to your model? I dumped my last one as it literally took 12 hours to produce 20L so I'd run it overnight' date=' but the amount of waste just wasn't

acceptable so got rid of the unit completely but interested in again primarily for topups.[/quote']

Too easy dude, this is the one I got & it really does the job, you will get a lot of waste water form all RO units but I just collect it in a bucket & throw it on the garden :encouragement:

This is the unit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310581468203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_6526wt_954

This is the extra DI stage I got, I got extra hose as well & some brackets

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310590859911?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3394wt_954

last time I talked to ian. he recommended dropping a carbon chamber.

now mine runs 1 carbon, the ro.membrane and the di resin.

just one less thing to change every few months.

Can you include a link to your model? I dumped my last one as it literally took 12 hours to produce 20L so I'd run it overnight' date=' but the amount of waste just wasn't

acceptable so got rid of the unit completely but interested in again primarily for topups.[/quote']

Feel like doing the same. 10 liters an hour is unacceptable. Im trying to do a 10percent water change and fill a 30liter drum for my girlfriend to do topups before I fly out again tomorrow. Time is precious.

last time I talked to ian. he recommended dropping a carbon chamber.now mine runs 1 carbon, the ro.membrane and the di resin.just one less thing to change every few months.
That's a very cool idea dude, I might give that a go when the one I have now is exhausted :encouragement:

Ian is extremely helpful and the after sales service is quite refreshing in this day and age when noone seems to care once cash has changed hands.

I love my little fsa unit. easy as to hook up to the tap and make 20+ L when you watch a movie.

I just have a bunch of 30L drums so I always have a supply on hand when needed.

Thanks mate ;-)

Too easy dude, this is the one I got & it really does the job, you will get a lot of waste water form all RO units but I just collect it in a bucket & throw it on the garden :encouragement:This is the unithttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310581468203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_6526wt_954This is the extra DI stage I got, I got extra hose as well & some bracketshttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310590859911?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3394wt_954

Ian is extremely helpful and the after sales service is quite refreshing in this day and age when noone seems to care once cash has changed hands.

I love my little fsa unit. easy as to hook up to the tap and make 20+ L when you watch a movie.

I just have a bunch of 30L drums so I always have a supply on hand when needed.

Great to hear, that is very refreshing :encouragement: I do it the same way, only difference is I have a high water alarm cause I've flooded the place a few times, lol :victorious:

Great to hear' date=' that is very refreshing :encouragement: I do it the same way, only difference is I have a high water alarm cause I've flooded the place a few times, lol :victorious:[/quote']

I was thinking about doing something similar but just with a float valve that clips on to the bucket and turns it off when full.

I usually just sit the containers in the recess of the sink and if it overflows (which I probably do 1/3 of the time) there aren't any problems.

I thought the float valve idea might be a good one for being able to leave it and head out/go to bed/whatever.

My other idea is to just get a bit of the 4mm hose and chuck it out the kitchen window and into the shed to fill up the containers directly.

I was thinking about doing something similar but just with a float valve that clips on to the bucket and turns it off when full.

I usually just sit the containers in the recess of the sink and if it overflows (which I probably do 1/3 of the time) there aren't any problems.

I thought the float valve idea might be a good one for being able to leave it and head out/go to bed/whatever.

My other idea is to just get a bit of the 4mm hose and chuck it out the kitchen window and into the shed to fill up the containers directly.

Some pretty cool ideas there dude, a combination of both would be awesome. My alarm cost $5 on eBay, very well worth it & it's pertty loud too, scares the heck out of the dog, he doesn't like it at all so I've got a double alarm, lol :encouragement:

Turn it off from the main' date=' go to another tap in the house and let out all the pressure then its as simple as undoing the hose nut from the base of the tap (be sure to have some towels or a container to catch the water inside the hose. Place the hose aside. Remove the old tap, put in the new one. [u']Silicon to seal it. Plug it all back together and turn back on the main. Thats for the cold water only assuming its just a tap not a mixer.

where did you get this idea from Mr Lee? Terrible idea. you use pink teflon tape. 5 wraps around the thread is generally enough. no more no less.

Feel like doing the same. 10 liters an hour is unacceptable. Im trying to do a 10percent water change and fill a 30liter drum for my girlfriend to do topups before I fly out again tomorrow. Time is precious.

It needs that contact time to do a proper job...If rushed it will not remove the necessary elements...i find my 35GPD unit is fine for my needs, I have a topup alarm so when it fills the tub the alarm goes off so I can just leave it there to fill and not worry about the tub overflowing and wasting water.