Who owns RO units?

Dead Can Dance

Can't really go changing the taps... a) I dont know how and b) i live in a rental :S

DCD, is your tap fitting open at the bottom? How are you meant to stop the water rushing out the bottom? Im so confused!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squiggle

• Dead Can Dance

• torface

• CNgo2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the fitting the same as DCD's? the black tap on the side diverts the water into the RO units hose on the side :encouragement:

Turn it off from the main, go to another tap in the house and let out all the pressure then its as simple as undoing the hose nut from the base of the tap (be sure to have some towels or a container to catch the water inside the hose. Place the hose aside. Remove the old tap, put in the new one. Silicon to seal it. Plug it all back together and turn back on the main. Thats for the cold water only assuming its just a tap not a mixer.

Everything i've bought recently has had terrible instructions and it's doing my head in!! :(

Torface,

Maybe start a new thread and take a photo of the taps you have. People here might be able to help if they see what you have to work with. Most taps can accommodate adapters of some sort.

The fella marcus referred me to on ebay luckily advised me i would need a connection piece for my laundry tap so i can run R/O unit and washing machine at same time :)

This is mine : post-277-13990985059_thumb.jpg

No black diverter valve like DCDs... just completely open from bottom to top then has a tap on the side which goes to the RO. It doesnt make sense... i need something to block off the bottom surely!

post-1938-139909849507_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

I'm not sure but if you turn the handle doesn't that divert the water to the unit and when it is open it allows you to use ordinary tap water saving having to disconnect the unit all the time

No cos it's completely open from to to bottom. Turning the lever doesnt do anything to the main part if that makes sense?

That's different to mine & DCD's, I think that one goes inline on your pipes as a permanent fitting, what does it look like side on? :encouragement:

Yes I also think that it looks like an inline version.

Water line -> this bit in the photo -> water line-> tap

post-277-139909850594_thumb.jpg

It implies in the instructions that it's a tap fitting.... It also came with a piercing adapter/kit thingy.

Do you think i could go to bunnings and get something to close up the bottom end and something to make the top end bigger?

post-1938-139909849512_thumb.jpg

Torface I think your connection is what the presenter is talking bout at 3:18 onwards on this vid that was put up before.

http://youtu.be/dTONjczeGGY

I guess that's what it must be :( I don't want to install it permanently though... what should i do? Can you buy the diverter valves in the shops?

Check out FSA(Filter Systems Australia) they are in Brisbane/Gold Coast, you can probably get the one for my system & use that :encouragement:

Torface, I have a similar to your connection, I put it in the laundry room and it is hooked to my washing machine tap outlet.cold water tap.the male goes into your washing machine hose and the female goes into the tap. If your doesn't fit then you might have to get an adaptor.

Thanks, i might try that before i buy a diverter :)

The connection i have is still too small, so im hoping i can get an adapter from bunnings...

So i went to Bunnings just now and after spending ages trying to figure out what i needed (i hate Bunnings!) someone finally came and helped me. So $8 later i attached everything and i kinda works but leaks everywhere :(

The unit is currently running outside wasting away water until i can come up with a better solution...

So i went to Bunnings just now and after spending ages trying to figure out what i needed (i hate Bunnings!) someone finally came and helped me. So $8 later i attached everything and i kinda works but leaks everywhere :(

The unit is currently running outside wasting away water until i can come up with a better solution...

If the attachments fit together but still leak you need to find yourself some teflon tape and wrap a bit around where the attachment threads are...This is what I did and no more leaks! Teflon tape is very cheap!

You also need a rubber washer. I didn't have one and I wasted half a day using plumers tape but it would still leak even after 6-7 attemp. So I ask my friend and he said it MUST have a rubber washer inside.you need a washer inbetween the tap and your adaptor. Sorry to confuse you but it's a must.

Yes, that is what I thought. I'm so annoyed the guy at Bunnings didnt tell me :( grrr... back there again tomorrow i guess!

Did the attachment not come with a washer? It is compulsory when they send you the unit.

The attachment did yes, but not the 3 converter thingys i had to buy from bunnings to make it fit the laundry/ garden tap... they didn't and they're what's leaking.