Yellow Cherrys breeding like crazy, But..

Matmatmat

My yellows breed like crazy and I seem to be getting younger ones to berry, but I am not sure if I'm actually getting them to grow to be adults? Never seems to be many full grown ones? I have around 3-6 berried females at any one time..

It is a four foot tank so I never see all of them at once, I just don't seem to ever find any more adults than I allready have? I'm not finding any dead ones... Just the numbers don't seem to increase? So whilst I'm breeding many babies the adult numbers don't seem to increase?

What do you think? How long should it take to get to full grown? Am I just looking too much and not seeing them grow? Or is there a problem?

Easiest way to count them I find is to not feed for a day then drop a piece of their favourite food in the one location so they have to come out to get it. Give them time and simply

count. If you're not seeing many shrimplets coming through then start looking to the likes of planaria as the main culprit. If you see any planaria at all I'd grab a trap or dose

(http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/2765-Hydra-amp-Planaria-shrimp-safe-removal). Then see how you go. Also shrimplets need finer foods and tend to

graze more in a specific area to try to ensure you have lots of mosses and places for cover and finding food. Cherries take around 3 months to reach maturity

Critical period for shrimplets are within the 1st few weeks. Depending on the tanks level of biofilm, and your feeding regime, as KiwiBigD states, they do need finer foods. Check your GH, ensure they're 5-14, a their 1st few moults are also very critical. When my tanks are full of shrimplets, the only two WP I focus on is GH and NO3.

Thanks guys, yep I do have planeria ;) I'll get some of the stuff in your link and see how it helps. I do feed the babies powdered food and there's plenty of moss and hiding places so maybe planeria I'd killing them :(

I haven't tested my perameters in about a month so will do the pat when I get home tonight.

At the rate they have been breeding there should be 1000s in there by now :(

Thanks for the help:)

As said get rid of the hydra and bobs your uncle,shrimp everywhere.glad their breeding well for you.