suggestion

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi All,

I have noticed several times that the topics of people cheating , lying, and generally dishonest behaviour have been hot for the whole day. I fully agree that the forum should be open for this and also members should be made aware of this. However if the moderators are able to check back on the days when we all talk about this there are very few new members. In fact I believe last month when the topic was HOT we had quite a few days in a row that we had no new members at all. Being fairly new myself I don't know if that is a trend anyway but I'd like to know if that thread is open to visitors? If it is and I was looking around as a visitor I would turn tail and get out of here because I came looking for shrimp info. If the thread is not open to visitors I will pull my head in and say go ahead and the b######s deserve everything we say and throw at them. If it is open is there a way it can be made members only.

Just an observation I have also been an avid reader of these threads so I'm not against it at all but just be wary it could put a lot of visitors off.

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Maybe it's a woman thing but I agree with Ineke.

i once went to a club meeting (garden club) with the intention of joining. Most of the time there were arguments over the little show held prior to this meeting, I never went back!

Maybe we could have a separate section for all the guys who want to talk about 'them there bad guys'. Lol

• HOF Member

Thank goodness thanks Ninja I've been sitting here thinking I've blown it all the people who talk to me will shun me now but it would be very uninteresting to someone just wanting shrimp love!!!:encouragement:

It's definitely a women's thing, always has & will ... LOL...remember Ninja, don't hit me, I bruise easily.

I agree, the energy of this forum should be focused on the shrimp hobby, but casual reminders/conversation, and awareness of new/dual members of the forum should be communicated, to keep the shrimp world in Aust honest. As long as the likes of them exist (leopards doesn't change their spots), there's always something cooking in the cauldron.

ineke & Ninja, at the end of the day, having been married for 19 years, women are always right at the end of the day ! There, I said it !

• HOF Member

Have a house point BB Well said. I am certainly not against the actual topic and think it needs to be said so we can all be aware of it but if it is in the face of a casual visitor it is a bit daunting me thinks. Definitely don't get rid of it but just push it slightly out of view of visitors is all I'm thinking. Don't know if it can be done but worth a thought. Enough said I will get off my soap box and you can let it rip.

Cheers

Enough said I will get off my soap box and you can let it rip.

Cheers

must be why you smell so nice lol :P

I have to say, being fairly new to this hobby and having joined one forum who i thought were honest friendly people only to find out that they're not is a little bit off putting. And by that I mean of the hobby altogether.

I guess you get the bad guys in every sport/ hobby though and it's good to know who to avoid.

I could've never found this forum and been sucked into evil ways!! :o lol

• HOF Member

That's very true Torface and it needs to be said and the word got out but just wondered if it was putting people off joining our community if that was all they saw when they came on to our site. I certainly didn't mean for it to stop just stay hidden from non members!

Cheers

Well i certainly didn't see until i was signed up and paid premium membership... :)

• HOF Member

Well that's excellent then. That's all I was wanting to know really, probably should have said it differently but if visitors can't see it then its' not a problem. Problem solvered!! Thank you torface:D

Cheers

Hi Ineke,

you will be happy to know that the forum that these threads belong to are only open to premium members for that exact reason :)

I do think it gets very boring bringing this up all the time but i am also a big believer in making people aware of the deceitful people

and helping them to avoid making the mistakes that can turn people away from this great hobby.

• HOF Member

Hi Dean,

I agree that it should be there to remind and warn us and now I know it is not open to visitors I am extremely pleased and relieved. Just worried that last month the days of no new members seemed to coincide with the days the topic was full boil. Thanks for letting me know

Cheers

The thread is in the Wipe Your Chin forum so I think it's ok as it's the catch all forum so that the shrimp related stuff stays separate.

What we will clamp down on are multiple threads on the same topic or rants over issues that are no longer relevant.

The threads in question will probably get locked soon as they have run their course.

----- Sent from my mobile so apologising in advance for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

• HOF Member

Thanks Nogi my fears have all been answered and I have absoloutely no issues with the subject just worried for the forums sake if it had been open to anyone.

Cheers