Blue Blue Blue Velvet

BlueBolts

My blue velvet breeding program is just starting to produce some nice results. Consistency and breeding true is still an issue, with some red rilli being thrown out ....

post-1108-139909849948_thumb.jpg

Anyone getting them breeding true, or showing a darker/deeper blue ?

Wow dude, they are looking very nice :encouragement: looks like your program is doing very well :applause:

image-74_zps934d481e.jpg

Spectacular Blue Velvet Marcus...Would like to see them in real life...Thanks for sharing the pic...CJ

Hi Marcus,

My Blue Velvet parents continous have shrimplet that is like red rilli with blue tinge

i think what we need is elective breeding and line breeding to produce all blue offspring :)

Hey Marucs I thought you could call your project blue velvet to Neon Blue when you come up with a new variety...

Hi Marcus' date='

My Blue Velvet parents continous have shrimplet that is like red rilli with blue tinge

i think what we need is elective breeding and line breeding to produce all blue offspring :)

Yes, totally agree, the Blue Velvet deserves to be bred true. I'm on my F2/F3 with them now....so hoping they will breed true soon.... :-(

Contemplating on whether I should X 1 of them with my blue cherry breeding program. BIGGEST concern is that it will "thin" the blue, and create a translucent shell ? Just deciding on what BLUE is the nicest.... This i probably my best blue cherry ATM....

post-1108-139909849952_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909849956_thumb.jpg

These blue's are from my Choc/Blue base....still has some darker choc/spots on it, and is more translucent......

post-1108-139909849962_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909849961_thumb.jpg

My heart is saying to mix them all together, and hopefully create an amazing or an array of blue ? , but my head is saying to stay with the programe for 1-3 more generations before mixing them up ? Need more of them (qty), and more tanks ! C'mon problem amongst us huh !

post-24-13990984874_thumb.jpg

That blue cherry is spectacular dude, I'm soooooo jealous, I want! I want! I want! :encouragement: This is probably the first time I've said this but I would go with you head, make the colour stronger, then let the heart run free & criss cross all you want when you have more stock.

Yup I'm having the same problem, need more tanks too :dejection:

image-74_zps36848ca4.jpg

i love both blue version that you got ,the blue cherry that you got is so great , does it from black cherry too ?!

If you got a spare tanks i will definitely cross Blue Velvet with your solid blue cherry , see what range of blue they will come out ,may be come up like this !

wm.jpg

BB your Blue Velvets are looking great. Lovely colour coming through. I'm also up to F2/F3 and have some berried girls ready to pop. I cant wait to see what percentages I get this time around. I culled heavily anything with the slightest hint of red so will be interesting to see what I get out of the current batch.

Incidentally, I have 2 blues in my fish tank that the only part of them that is red is the rostrum. I think they look awesome, despite being culls.

pretty cool shrimp you got mate :)

any chance when you have some free time you could write a small article i\on how you start and run your selective breeding profiles, i would be interested in starting one of my own and dont exactly understand everything involved though and some of the terms like F2 F3 :)