Berried- should I move her to a breeder?

CNgo2006

Hi guys,

So I have been thinking on moving my berried SW to an external breeder box to see if I get a higher shrimplet count and survival rate. I would like to ask your opinions and advice on this matter. Do you move your berried gals and how are the survival rates?

Thanks chi.

When i move shrimp to sell i put the selected ones into the breeder box and they are seen on the surface where the water comes in and also at the outlet. Some of them make the break and escape back into the tank. A large breeder box loaded with moss and a few shrimp caves might make her feel more comfortable.

In my experience they survived better in the main tank.

I just wanted to see if the survival rate of the shrimplets increases from previous numbers, I have heard a lot of other breeders do this method with success. I have modded the breeder so there is no escaping, I have noticed that they do look for a way to escape as first but they calm down after a while once they get use to the change in environment. Just thought it may reduce stress and harassment as she will be in there alone.

As long as it's well oxygenated, and there's plenty of biofilm/food, they'll be OK, BUT you need to ensure good water quality and food...

well...it has worked for me and i had very high success rates in breeder boxes. but then again i have had success rates in tanks too so i am uncertain which is better