Sign in to follow this  
fishmosy

AMAZONAS magazine

fishmosy

Don't know if anyone else has come across this magazine, but I've been subscribed to it (digital edition) since they first started putting out an english version (its German based). Its a great mag, not quite to the standard of PFK, but best of all it regularly has articles on shrimp.

You can download the first and maybe second mag from their website for free. Check it out.

Mods please delete if not OK:

I thought there would be problems with copyright ect, but every new issue notification I get from AMAZONAS says to share the mag with friends. I'm happy to send the later issues via email to active members of this forum, just be aware that the pdf file sizes are huge (around 15mb).

brenkirk

If you have an iPad, you can also subscribe to this magazine for free in the Newsstand.

shrimpsider

I also think it is one of the best German aquarium magazines on the market. Although we have a crustaceen magazine out (CARIDINA), it not reaches the quality of the AMAZONAS. I add the link to the shrimp dedicated issue:

https://portal.publishersserviceassociates.com/carts/reef2rainforest/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79

yowie05

i must've been lucky i bought this issue when it came out didnt realise it was that good at the time but has some really good info in there

BlueBolts

Thanks for the heads up....just downloaded it....

Dean

i cant wait to read my first copy :) i am lucky enough to be receiving a hard copy in the post from a friend that you all may know " IMKE" shrimpsider :)

post-29-139909856699_thumb.jpg

i will be more than happy to share it around once i have had a good read :)

THANKS IMKE you rock :victorious:

post-29-139909845804_thumb.jpg

Loach
i cant wait to read my first copy :) i am lucky enough to be receiving a hard copy in the post from a friend that you all may know " IMKE" shrimpsider :)

When is that copy from? Just got the Amazonas App :)

Dean

no idea as it is a gift :)

and its in the post still

Loach

Here is what it looks like. Pretty interesting... and its free lol

1864adaa.jpg

shrimpsider

post-29-139909856699_thumb.jpg

I am sorry to say that it is a GERMAN volume I had, with focus on Sulawesi shrimp :( However, I thought you might like the pictures, as Evers talks about his Sulawesi trip and shows a lot of unidentified species.... Does anybody know if the publishing house ships the analog magazines to your country?

Sprae

That shrimp edition sure has a lot of info! I'm trying to digest it all now.

fishmosy

Issue 2 (dedicated shrimp issue) is pretty good and influenced the way in which i set up my shrimp tank. The latest issue has a sweet article on breeding sulawesi shrimp that left me drooling....want some bad.

Also want some tylomenia or rabbit snails. Kinda off topic but does anyone know if they are here yet?

yowie05

Yer it's available in Australia age of aquariums has it don't know where else has it tho

Foxpuppet

Aquariums@asquith in Sydney stock it, got a free copy a few months ago of the shrimp issue, very informative and helpful.

lachie1998

Looks like a good read

Downloaded it at school going to read it when I get home

Kimbo

Ok im still struggling here, how did you guys download it for free? I cant find it anywhere??

Sprae
Ok im still struggling here' date=' how did you guys download it for free? I cant find it anywhere??[/quote']

iOS app / newstand download. Search "amazonas" and you'll find it for free purchase. Once installed, you access it on Newstand folder and select the magazine issue to read online or download.

Kimbo

Ahh I see, so I need Apple for this? Haha the joys of being on android :/ everything is made for apple!

Sprae
Ahh I see' date=' so I need Apple for this? Haha the joys of being on android :/ everything is made for apple![/quote']

Resistance is futile...

BlueBolts

+1 Sprae....LOL

Loach

+1 @ Sprae.

On my ipad and i love it! Just like reading a real magazine!

Kimbo

I was actually considering buying a ipad2 when I come back from Hong Kong in Sept/Oct duty free... but I already have a Sony Tablet... must resist the power of the apple!

Loach
I was actually considering buying a ipad2 when I come back from Hong Kong in Sept/Oct duty free... but I already have a Sony Tablet... must resist the power of the apple!

IPAD 2! Get one ;). I have one and its a beauty for everything lol. I will send you some free mosses if you dont like it lol.

Kimbo

Hahaha sounds like a plan... I might try sell my sony one before I go then buy the Ipad2 on way back... hmm decisions decisions... apple urge is getting stronger... must fight!

fishmosy

iPad is excellent, thrown out my old laptop, now do everything on iPad.