Fishmosy's zebra shrimp biotope tank

fishmosy

HA HA Caught you out on a bull crap story Ineke!! I know you are telling a untruth there.

I would think you are trained very well just like me?

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

So I went into the fishroom tonight (after a weekend away) to find two exuvia (shells) of either stonefly caddisfly or damselfly, was too tired to ID properly.

I think I know why I haven't been seeeing any shrimplets from my berried females. Will have to check the tank thoroughly but there are lots of places to hide in this tank.

DOH!!! That not good news at all dude, they are the most evil thing I've every had in my tanks, I wouldn't wish those little bastards on anyone. Hope you find any that are left. :dejection:

Last time I had them, there was about 30-40 in my 2ft tank, all hiding between the rocks, I had to completely strip back the tank to get them all, I hope you don't have to do that dude. :cower:

Hi Ben ,bad news, What did you add lately to your tank? those critters are the best hitch hikers, Hope you find them soon

They would have come in with some leaves or moss I added.

Does anyone know what happens to leaves when you stick them in a microwave? Might be a good way to kill off any nasties.

Maybe I'll just have to completely dry the leaves before using, as that should kill off any nasties.

Hey Fishmosy' date='

what leaves are you using in this shot?[/quote']

Ones I collected. Couldn't tell you what species they are, just from a mix of eucalypt/rainforest trees.

Id say drying them in the sun will be your best bet

very true, our drying ovens are in PC2 so technically i shouldnt be taking anything in or out of there :p

very true' date=' our drying ovens are in PC2 so technically i shouldnt be taking anything in or out of there :p[/quote']

Hehehe! Wonder how many people here knows what a PC2 is? Couple of the PC2 labs at my work get in my way! They are between me and the coffee shop!!! Can't walk through them! :stupid:

Hehehe! Wonder how many people here knows what a PC2 is? Couple of the PC2 labs at my work get in my way! They are between me and the coffee shop!!! Can't walk through them! :stupid:

Doesnt always stop people, i had to re-educate our cleaner that just because you have a keep-cup with a lid, you cant take your coffee through the lab to get to the lift (thinking about it now...maybe she just stashes it in her bag...)

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed yesterday that I had four, thats right four berried zebras climbing around my tank. Unfortunately I was in a rush and wasn't able to get pics. Haven't seen any nasty insect predators lately either so maybe, just maybe, some little zebs are on their way.

• HOF Member

Wow well done Fishmosy look forward to pictures of baby zebras. Looks like you are getting it right for them.:)

SO CHUFFED

So happy, guess what I spotted last night?

Thats right I have baby zebs. Woot woot.

Spotted this guy first.

P1050224_zps52729ec2.jpgP1050240_zpsb1cbc0e0.jpg

Then realised they were everywhere.

P1050255_zps955ad037.jpgP1050254_zpsfb1979ef.jpg

And whats more there should be plenty more to come.

P1050230_zps7f6dcc70.jpgP1050237_zpscf1522bf.jpg

That is fantastic ..... congratulations!

I will have to reread the whole thing again now and try to duplicate your success.