Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolts

Bob's crabs

mr_c265
Crabs are going great...I intended to re-scape their tank' date=' but haven't done so......perhaps I'll do it now ????? Just waiting for the eagles game to start !!! Go the mighty EAGLES ![/quote']

How are you planning on scaping the crab tank? Stylewise i mean.

You definately mean Manly Sea Eagles in the NRL don't you? Hehehehehehehe.

ninja

Well your crabs are nearly the right colour BB.

Eagles fly, Dawkers drown, must be the anchor????????????

OzShrimp
Well your crabs are nearly the right colour BB.

is it easy to identify when you got the right colored crabs :smiley_simmons:

Baccus

I had to laugh all over again about this thread, after mentioning on an overseas forum that I might be getting some of these crabs and the first reply from another member was "I think you need to make a journal about your crabs". I had to find a way of replying that could not be considered rude or offensive (the other forum is a stickler for "family friendly" and I am a MOD there so have to be extra careful), while letting the member know that them referring to my crabs was a riot in the comedy department.

northboy

Bacc what is your Hubby going to say when you get Crabs from me? is he going to punch my lights out LOL, Do I need to take a holiday when you come up?

Bob

ineke

Bob you just really take care about sharing your crabs:cower:

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

Baccus

Well there are worse things I could bring home than crabs LOL. I am not sure about if you need to take holidays. I have made a bit of an itinery for stuff to do up there just don't know how long all the things will take. I do know that we will be in Cairns at least twice before heading home and I really want to see you at least the afternoon prior to us heading home so any goodies have the least time being bagged/ conaintered.

northboy

I will have to make sure I have the first fish shed built so I have some where to hold every thing LOL.

Bob

Baccus

Not long now till the big road trip, you sure you will be ready? Also did you want any tiger lotus? I have a few plants spare, along with a couple of other plants that I am not 100% sure of their ID.

Didge007

Oh dear. I wish I hadn't found this thread. Not only do I need to find tanks for shrimp...I'll need tanks for crabs now >.

ineke

Yes and Bob is very good at sharing his crabs, watch out it's contagious -:barbershop_quartet_the hobby I mean

Cheers

Squiggle

Oh dear Ineke, you're terrible! Lol :victorious:

39993807fc26c9958c38f1431f482ea4_zps388dd92c.png

ineke

I can be!!! All said in good fun BOB!!

Cheers

mr_c265

I'm itching to get crabs now... :p

ineke

You will be itching if you get them from Bob:o OK I crossed the line there sorry

Cheers

OzShrimp
I'm itching to get crabs now... :p

most people cant wait to get rid of them after a couple of days ;)

But then you have those people they deliberately like to catch crabs on their holidays

ineke

I've crossed the line and I'm biting my tongue right now but can't make any more remarks. poor Bob is already having enough trouble with women and I don't want him to think I'm terrible. Bahahah oops

Cheers

northboy

All good it makes me laugh every time, besides I have broad shoulders.

The more people that I have with Crabs the happier I am, really why should I be the only one having all that fun???

So come on people spread the love and the Crabs, you know Dean will slap out wrists soon.

Bob

ineke

We might get banned thats why I am biting my tongue but it's sooo hard not to say something about that comment OOOOO

Cheers

mr_c265

I'll drop my filthy mind for a second, i think Dave might have told me this, but theres a NT freshwater desert crab isn't there Bob? How do you reckon they'd go outside in Sydney during winter? Stopping the little fellows from climbing into my plant grow tubs may be another issue.

northboy

I would not be sure they would survive, but no one has done temp tests on them. The green one in my photos might though as it is from down south to, it could also be the same one Dave is taking about?

Really you need them inside to get to like them and breed them.

I think when I go and get the Hot pink and Sky Blue ones every one will want Crabs

Bob

Baccus

That's just cruel tempting us with sky Blue crabs, I bet that is something I could get Hubby interested in since he loves his blue guppies and has shown interest in blue shrimp. His ideal is a tank of blue critters.

mr_c265

Possibly, possibly. I'll have a better look into it! I could get a few tanks set up on my porch, could get a heater in them i guess. Only time will tell!

How many colours are there?!

Didge007

Mentioned to the bf that you can get fw crabs. His response was, "oh ok"...I'm taking that as a yes :p

mr_c265

There's a lot of girls joining up lately!

Anything is a yes. I've started to take no's as yes's.