Gold Cherry Shrimp

BlueBolts

Found this cherry 2day in my blue cherry selective breeding tank ....

Left - Blue Cherry, Middle - Blue/Choc Base Cherry, RHS - Gold Cherry

post-2255-139909849863_thumb.jpg

It's very distinctively "GOLD", and off blue/Choc Base Cherry. After F3+, getting some 2-3 sky blue cherries, then this....will search the tank for others tomorrow...hopefully there's a pair ?

post-2255-139909849865_thumb.jpg

Anyone having this variation ?....it's no where close to the yellows, definitely GOLD.

post-24-13990985952_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909859524_thumb.jpg

Cherries are really becoming the rainbow shrimp! Good find BB.

I really want to get a 9 division tank and have all the colours of the rainbow and black and white cherries too:)

It will be interesting to see if you can find any more BB

I'll try to take a pic of a yellow cherry next to the gold cherry tomorrow, just to demonstrate the colour diff. It's approx. 10mm, so should keep it's colour.

Very nice BB' date=' is there a colour you don't have or have produced? keep up the good work.

Bob[/quote']

Haha, that's just what I was thinking. BB seems to have shrimp in all colours of the rainbow, and then some :D

I always get excited when you show us one of your random new variations, nice work BB ^_^

You either must have lots of shrimp or are feeding your shrimp radioactive waste to keep getting these colour variations BB. Love the gold.

very interesting, looks like it might be developing an green head or is that just the photo ?

• 2 weeks later...

My Gold Cherry is finally berried ! Contemplating either a light brown or sunkist cherry male. Thoughts ?6345697C-19BE-4F5C-BDDC-1DCD49BC33DF-1353-000000892DCFBEF3.jpg

HMM got to get me some of your genetics when I have the tanks BB.

As for what one sun kissed

Bob

HMM got to get me some of your genetics when I have the tanks BB.

As for what one sun kissed

Bob

Mate that just doesn't sound right! Don't you mean some of his shrimps genetics for your shrimp projects?

• HOF Member
My Gold Cherry is finally berried ! Contemplating either a light brown or sunkist cherry male. Thoughts ?6345697C-19BE-4F5C-BDDC-1DCD49BC33DF-1353-000000892DCFBEF3.jpg

Not sure what you mean- if she is berried she doesn't need a male she's had one?????:encouragement:

Light brown, they usually produce the funky coloured shrimp anyway!

HMM got to get me some of your genetics...
Bob' date=' any personal comments, please PM me.....what would people think if they knew ! LOL
Not sure what you mean- if she is berried she doesn't need a male she's had one?????:encouragement:
Sorry, my bad....saddled

• HOF Member
Bob' date=' any personal comments, please PM me.....what would people think if they knew ! LOL

Sorry, my bad....saddled[/quote']

See the inner woman is coming out and it can be a bit naughty at times;)

Oh dear, am I rubbing off on everybody, lol :encouragement: I think light brown might be the way to go BB, red might change the colour too much :confused:

image-74_zps7cf0129f.jpg

• 3 months later...

Similar to my purple project, my gold cherry is struggling with results too :-(

Shrimplets are all sort of colours, this is probably one of the better ones ?

null-8.jpg

• HOF Member

I wonder why the cherry breeding program's are so hard. It seems you take one step forward and 3 or 4 steps back. They don't seem to breed 100% true do they, they seem to throw out " sports" regardless of what type you are breeding.

I wonder why the cherry breeding program's are so hard. It seems you take one step forward and 3 or 4 steps back. They don't seem to breed 100% true do they' date=' they seem to throw out " sports" regardless of what type you are breeding.[/quote']

I think because the gene pool is so diverse that's the key issue, but if it was so easy then it wouldn't be as much fun either. It takes time plus a good eye

to identify a trait and then combine that to produce something going in the right direction, lots of patience.

• HOF Member

I wish I had the knowledge and the dedication to take something like this on. I have done it in the past with Guinea Pigs breeding a line from a complete beginning and found it hard plus needing to keep a large number of animals to breed the traits you want, I succeeded and I'm pretty sure my line is still being shown but I just want to enjoy now not adding more pressure to an enjoyable hobby

Very cool BB, that one has an amazingly unique colour, well done :victorious: