heart stopping moment

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi All ,

Finally got some low grade CRS to see if I can keep them. Went to look at them this morning and they were nowhere to be found!!!! So did a quick check of the floor and back of tank looking for crispy critters and still no shrimp. suddenly caught a movement in the back of the cube- it has a mini sump type compartment and there they were swimming and sitting on the heater. Oh my heart had missed more than 1 beat I can tell you. Was a bit worried about how to get them out but thought if they got in they must surely be able to get out so put some food in the front of the tank and sure enough within a few minutes they were out. So happy because last night I lost a heavily berried female from another tank - one of my really dark ones of course!!:crushed: I had taken some bits out of the tank and she must have been hiding in one of the holes on the rock -even though I checked carefully I missed her until i saw her in the laundry- I feel like a murderer.

Cheers

Ineke:(

Phew...know about those heart stopping moments....

We live and learn....and will always continually do it ...

Try to block the entry to the back sump with some fine foam (incase shrimplets), filter wool or stocking...Yes I know all about heart stopping moments and also heart breaking moments all too well!

• HOF Member

Yes I will have to . The power head outlet doesn't line up with the hole as it is too short will have to see if I can find a longer one or maybe a piece of hose to fit it. Thanks CNgo

Cheers

Ineke