Whats up with my TB shrimplets???

JPN07

The first batch of TB babies i got looks like jelly. First i thought they were still too young and thats why the colour thickness weren't there. But after two months they are still the same. I heard it might be my WP but the second batch of TB babies has the normal TB colour thickness. So it might not be my WP.

I did a little research on the net and I found some pics and articles that are similar to my TB babies.

~KK 'Blue Jelly'~

http://m.blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6b4fea280100s9re.html

http://shrimpsider.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/blue-jelly-shrimp-blue-fairy-shrimp/

One of my jelly KK

dce50368f05a7dc0efef6a206069c6d1.jpg

~Green Hulk~

http://shrimpsider.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/taiwan-bee-shrimp-new-types/

My TB shrimp

b211d36c03dcd05200e2ebbe5531cf81.jpg8265c928f4175e2eca590f218557e78c.jpg

Can anyone please help me to identify what i have got? Aggghhhhhh

Thanks

JP

What's your PH & KH JP ?

The blue may represent a low GH/Light, and green a low PH. BUT If they maintain those variants, that'll be fantastic. If your 2nd batch is coming through normal, then perhaps you've got some cool morphs coming through....Great work JP..:applause:

Hi Marcus. I have just checked the wp, KH 0-1, GH 4-5 and PH 6.0. I use a single 4ft T5 light, its on for 5-6 hours everyday.

It would be cool to have new morphs in our awesome hobby :) But its still a long long way yet but who knows someone, somewhere in Australia might have started it already. That would be awesome :encouragement:

The green pandas have historically turned black....but not sure about the blue Taiwan Bee morph....that's new to me...please do keep us posted. Again, well done JP. :cheerful:

• 4 weeks later...

G'day BB, here is a lil update. The colour are still the same and they are not getting darker. I think they might be getting abit more greener. I cant find the jelly KK anymore (dead maybe) :(

1st batch panda and 2nd batch panda. As you can see the 1st batch is still greenish and the 2nd is a much darker panda.

81b2751ddbb38879dc2e191cb3dcb57d.jpg

More pics

490977eacbe75d12a4f055d766e9d099.jpgce485fe66050ab2d811d29995633d353.jpgb66ecee0bccc675a4e85de431f75db63.jpg1a1a280347c1cc4205449183d064aa2b.jpg

Thanks for the pics. They look fantastic ! You must be so very proud.... Love the green shades of them too. What the tanks PH and TDS ?

No worries. Ya i like them, they are different. Looks like another setup is needed for select breeding them OMG. Tank Ph is 6.0 and the TDS is 210.

Cheers bro. They are slowly getting bigger.

You've got some gorgeous shrimps coming along there JPN, just beautiful!

Thank you guys. Ya i thought they will change to black but after 3 months they are still greenish. I will select breed them and hope that they breed true.

Thank you guys. Ya i thought they will change to black but after 3 months they are still greenish. I will select breed them and hope that they breed true.

Cograts to this shrimplets - in fact not all greenish and bluish Taiwan Bee change coloration in interdependence to pH and KH. Some breed true and keep the color. Good luck!

Wow JPN07, confirmed from shrimpsider, well done man, seeing as they are green, first dibs please?

Don't worry about BB, I'll sort him out, lol.

There you go again ninja, assuming the impossible again ! JPN07 has already agreed 1st dips to me...he just doesn't k ow about it yet ! LOL

Thanks for the confirmation Imke. How very exciting !

There ya go again, everyone can see for themselves what a queue jumper you are BB? Lol

Thanks for the confirmation Imke.

LoL @ ninja n BB, i still have to breed them first, awhile yet. ;)