An says hello

Andead

Hi guys its been three years since my last dwarf shrimp tank. I had about a hundred red cherry shrimp in a 120L tank.

I then moved into marine tanks but couldn't away from those shrimp that we all love. I had a coral tank with a mantis shrimp. G. Smithii it was such a fun creature, it beat the hell out of snails and crabs and take rides on my rotating wavemaker. :congratulatory:

post-2255-139909859982_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909859973_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909859978_thumb.jpg

Currently I am setting up my new project. Its a 60cm sumped tank. The display tank is a plain aqua one tank, it's got clean silicon joints and looks pretty schmick!

I am really looking forward to it. I've picked up the aqua soil and tomorrow I'm going to spend a bit of time at my local landscaping supply picking out suitable rocks for the hardscape.

It's going to be a wild ride!

post-1665-139909859427_thumb.jpg

post-1665-139909859432_thumb.jpg

post-1665-139909859435_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Those coral's are sensational, BUT your shrimp tank plans sounds exhilirating. LOL

Welcome to SKF, keep posting updates to open up the forum, or the premium membership of $12.50 will open up the entire forum for you to enjoy and explore.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a fun build you have started. I'm looking forward to some pics of your build.

Cheers,

D

Welcome dude, always got a soft spot for reef tanks, very nice. Love to see some pice of the shrimp build too :encouragement:

image-74_zps64ad9cc5.jpg

Hey Andead, welcome to SKF :D

I find marine tanks pretty mind-blowing, because they look so incredible and I don't really know anything about them :p Yours looks awesome!

Can't wait to see your new shrimp tank, I bet it will look amazing too! ^_^

Pretty cool pics! Welcome to the forum.

I dont think iw ould ever be able to look after a marine tank but i love the marine shrimp tho available

Thanks for the encouraging replies, the reef tank was a very fun tank. The mantis shrimp was my baby.

I had a bit of time to have a go at the hard scape. Let me know what you think.

The soil is a mixture of up aqua aquasoil and up aqua shrimp sand

IMG_0701.jpg

I also finished off gluing the overflows in the sump. I am going to use two compartments as breeding chambers and another is going to house the filter material, pump and heater.

IMG_0689.jpg

welcome to SKF.

hard scape look great, cant wait to see it up and running.

Is the bible just for holding the camera or you like a bit of light reading :)

nice to see you get back to shrimp welcome to SKF ENJOY!

• 5 months later...

I'm thinking maybe I should update you guy's on the progress of the tank.

I took me quite some time to get the tank planted since my last post. I left the tank dry for about a month as I had some trouble getting out to me LFS, I then picked up some HC and hairgrass and planted it emersed for a couple of months.

These photos were taken a little while after i started the tank emersed.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

This is the tank in its current state, It's been about two weeks. I have some weird jelly like mould in the front of the tank (That smudge in the bottom center) anyone know what it is and how do I control it? It looks like a bacteria bloom, should I just leave it? It looks like its not hurting the HC underneath.

IMG_0061.jpg

Wow dude, the difference is amazing, looks like the plants are really kicking off. :victorious: We would need a closer pic of the weird jelly looking stuff to give a better assessment of what you need to do about it. :encouragement:

Looking great ! Love the aquascaping.....what's your WP ATM, are you using RO or tap water ? 100 bluebolts would look amazing in a tank like that ! :-)