shirakura mineral stone

ineke

• HOF Member

Does anyone use these stones. I bought some and now not sure if I need them. I will be using a mix of RO water and Puratap filtered water for the Crystals when I get some, I have ordered some salty shrimp mix but do I need anything else? If I use some tap and some RO for the cherries do I need to add anything to them? See now I'm trying to do the right things and just making it harder??? Decisions decisions please put me out of my misery -err not literally-

Cheers

Ineke

I use mineral stones & I don't have any problems with my TDS, I also use 100% RO water with saltyshrimp minerals & pure RO for top ups :encouragement:

image-74_zpsbec93a18.jpg

• HOF Member

Great thanks Squiggle I have 2 tanks to get ready for new shrimp when I get the WP from Gbang. I was just going to use the RO to get the TDS down to his WP. I don't have the salty shrimp yet but it should be here next week. Then as I do water changes on the tanks with shrimp in I was just going to use the RO for top ups to gradually bring the TDS down plus work on the other water measurements PH, GH and KH. Once I get the salty shrimp do I just mix that with the RO for all the top ups?

It's supposed to get easier I think I need a Drink!!!!!

Cheers

Ineke

Nah, just use pure RO water to top up evaporation as the salts don't evaporate, just pure H2O. Use the Saltyshrimp for WC only, just add the minerals to the RO water to get the desired TDS but as I said, only for WC, not for evaporation top ups :encouragement:

image-74_zps7558d766.jpg

• HOF Member

I still need a drink!!! No that makes sense thank you- so much to learn!!!! Ain't it great!!!!

Lol, I know what you mean, on both accounts, I've been keeping fish for 25yrs & I'm still learning new stuff everyday & I need a scotch n dry, mmmmmmm! :victorious:

image-74_zps5feb6278.jpg

• HOF Member

come on over got a nice bottle of 12 year old scotch and no one to share it with!!!!!

Mmmmmmm sounds like a plan, I'll jump in the car & be there in about 3 days, lol :congratulatory:

image-74_zps6914b20c.jpg