can RO systems be used laying down

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi those of you that have the portable RO systems can you let me know if they can be left laying on the bench or do they need to be hung up. I won't be leaving it attached to the tap only be using it for water changes.

thanks -must say the service was great ordered yesterday arrived here today- that's the one that Squiggle recommended from ebay

Cheers

Ineke

Sure can, the system relies on the tap water pressure so it will work which ever way you put it, I lay mine down in the sink while it's going :encouragement:

Just remember to run it for a while to flush it out, the TDS will drop dramatically when it's been cleaned out

image-74_zpsce54d2b3.jpg

• HOF Member

Thanks Squiggle will fill up some bottles ready for water changes thanks

Just keep an eye on it, it will do about 10L per hour, I forgot mine was going & it overflowed in the garage, Doh! Lol :cower:

image-74_zpsd16c31b0.jpg

• HOF Member

Already overflowed 1 bottle lucky it was in the sink!!!!

Doh! Lol, lucky :cower:

If you want too, you can save the waste water & use it on the garden or for soaking clothes :encouragement:

image-74_zps96e335e6.jpg

• HOF Member

Already watered the orange tree , use all the tank water for the tomatoes so we are good to go!!!

Beat YA, I flooded a Doctors surgery once, left a tap running slowly all night. Do you think I was popular, NOT and that's an understatement understated!! I got kicked out of where I had my fish.

RO as Squig said AOK on its side because it uses a membrane to push the water through so no issue.

Bob

• HOF Member

Thats a good idea CNgo might have to invest in one of them

Cheers

Ineke