Sign in to follow this  
ineke

look who's come out to play

ineke

A group of little one's all came out today enmass usually I only see one or two. post-2255-139909849666_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]2378[/ATTACH]post-1377-139909849672_thumb.jpgpost-1377-139909849677_thumb.jpgpost-1377-139909849681_thumb.jpg

Who's a proud Mama then. My second lot of youngsters

post-1377-139909859374_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909859379_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909859384_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909859389_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909859394_thumb.jpg

durro68

Congratulations big mumma!

Always exciting to see new shrimplets.

ineke

Thanks Durro I have only had shrimp since just after xmas so it's all new and exciting. I don't even care about the quality yet just getting them to breed and keeping them alive is a thrill.

cheers

Ineke

durro68

Mate the challenge of keeping fancy shrimp alive (or not in my case) may change but the wonder of shrimpkeeping/breeding remains!

Squiggle

Congrats Ineke, very nice shrimplettes, well done! :encouragement:

image-74_zps91d08e21.jpg

ineke

It's quite exciting when you finally see some babies, they were too small for my eyes to focus on properly but with the camera they are so much nicer!!!!

BlueBolts

Very cool.....definitely a kodak moment !

ineke

Thanks BB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Crabclaw
      Idk my tds but the rest sounds similar to my tap. If Grubs uses just dechlorinated tap water too then we probably would have the same parameters as we’re both in melb. And that’s my normal temp as well.  How do you keep them @Grubs?
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I would get a few if you like them, the odd loss of a baby shrimp wouldn't really be a problem. There are lots of shrimp people that have the dwarf Corys with their shrimps.As you say, it maybe better to wait a bit until you have more shrimps first but the cory doesn't hunt shrimps as food! Simon
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I think that the shrimp in the photo is a female! Great you got the slots sorted so quickly and easily. The good thing with the amano is that they won't breed so you will never get more than you buy. Don't get too many though (may be the 5) as they are bigger and will out compete the cherry shrimps for food. Don't forget that there is postage cost with ProShrimp below £39 (I think that is the figure??) so bear that in mind as if you are close to that and you buy a few more shrimps you will get more shrimps for the same cost by not having to pay postage - f that makes sense? The other option is the tangerine tigers as they won't cross breed with cherry shrimp but you get a different colour - those are out of stock at the moment though! You need to be at home next day to sign for the package. https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/tiger-shrimp/563-tangerine-tiger-shrimp.html Simon
    • jayc
      No nothing special. Just get them the right water parameters and that's it. @Grubs might have the perfect water parameter requirements for DAS, so see if he can list them. Otherwise, I used to keep DAS in water that was ph6.8 - 7.0, KH 4, GH6 and TDS of 200-230 and 25DegC.  These shrimp from QLD seem to handle slightly higher temps.
    • Crabclaw
      Yeah tangerine tiger shrimp. I don’t think I would even mind that much if they procreated cuz I NEED MORE SHRIIIIIIMP!!!!  (And the offspring would be cute) Do they require much skill to take care of? (Either)