It begins. My shrimp rack journey.

DG17

So its pretty much done now guys, its just the patience of the tank doing its cycle now and looking into getting some new mosses. All i'm waiting on now is the doors to hide the lights and piping above each tank.

post-23-139909860691_thumb.jpgpost-1567-139909860696_thumb.jpg

Here are pics of some of the sections

post-1567-139909860699_thumb.jpgpost-255-139909860704_thumb.jpgpost-255-139909860708_thumb.jpgpost-255-139909860712_thumb.jpg each section is 1x1.5x1.5ft.

post-1433-139909849463_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909849466_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909849468_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909849471_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909849474_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909849477_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DG17

• BlueBolts

• Squiggle

• jrc693

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HOF Member

Looks really good, well done bet it will be a long wait for the cycling any wait is too long

Thanks Ineke, whats really depressing is waiting for the cycle while looking at deans sale :( I want the extreme KK pair and the KKmale with mishlings and the normal KK oh and the Pandas.... ok ill stop..

Wait forgot the BB AAAAHHHHHH!!

Ill Just drool for a few more weeks i guess

• HOF Member

Bummer hey just bad timing. Squiggle is in the same boat wants but moving so can't have

Everything happens for a reason!!! who knows what will happen in 6-8 weeks........(fingers and toes crossed as i say this)

I'm so with you DG, I'm sitting here shivering &sweating at the same time, aarrrggghhhh!!! Awesome setup dude, I'm doing the exact same but two 5ft tanks split into five 1ft sections & a custom 4ft sump. How much soil did you end up using in each tank? :encouragement:

Wow, looking amazing mate, well done. Looking fwd to the tank being fillled with shrimpies.

Is a killer hey Squiggle, Sitting here watching big red SOLD signs popping up on all the ones im drooling over is devastating hahaha but congrats to everyone who scored these awesome shrimp!!!

I basically PM dean ans said "ok what do i need" and purchased what he recommended and im glad i did as the bigger the bed the better the water parameters each tank is 3ftx1.5ft ground cover and i used 6 bags in each tank. t gives me an 8-9cm bed which dean said is close to his one. i used 1.5 packets of mineral powder in each 3ft tank so half a pack per section. inj total i used 12bags of benibachi and 3 packs of mineral powder i also have 30 bee balls and 2lts of shrimp active, 2 packs of bee speed super enzyme and 6 small oxydators ready to go!!! All i need now is shrimp hahah.

if all goes well with this cabinet im going to make another cabinet with 2 custom 8x1.5x1ft high with 10 .8ft sections each tank giving me 20 sections total, my chiller is Hailea 500a so its good for 1200L then ill make a 6ft sump similar to the one i have but obviously much bigger sections..

Wow' date=' looking amazing mate, well done. Looking fwd to the tank being fillled with shrimpies.[/quote']

Thanks BB cant wait, ive been testing ammonia every day hahahah. Ill be throwing pics up of those shrimp once its full. Don't think for a second i've forgotten you have OEBT.. so ill be begging you for a few one day hahaha

That new setup sounds insane dude, I'm going to have 10 sections when my setup is done, breeders in the top & shrimplets in the bottom, I'm so excited to get it started, give it about 6-8weeks & I'll be ready for water & the cycle will be under way :encouragement: Dont worry, there will be a thread for the build :smiley_simmons:

give it about 6-8weeks & I'll be ready for water & the cycle will be under way :encouragement: Dont worry' date=' there will be a thread for the build :smiley_simmons:[/quote']

Awesome mate, ill be watching your progress, maybe get some ideas for my next one...