finally got a TDS pen and GH,KH test kit

ineke

Lol, too funny! But what I meant was you won't need to buy a whole new unit, just add the DI stage for $55 & connect it to your existing unit :encouragement:

image-74_zps41c99b93.jpg

• HOF Member
Lol' date=' too funny! But what I meant was you won't need to buy a whole new unit, just add the DI stage for $55 & connect it to your existing unit :encouragement:

[img']http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a580/Betta_lover/image-74_zps41c99b93.jpg

MMM yes thats a better idea!!!

That's the same RO/DI unit I have, they are very helpful. I rigged it up in the laundry off the washing machine taps. For my discus tanks I use to make up a drum with the right minerals and water parameters to match the tank and let it sit over night then do my water change I did top ups with just RO water.

• HOF Member
That's the same RO/DI unit I have' date=' they are very helpful. I rigged it up in the laundry off the washing machine taps. For my discus tanks I use to make up a drum with the right minerals and water parameters to match the tank and let it sit over night then do my water change I did top ups with just RO water.[/quote']

Thats what I plan to do if and when I can get a few crystal culls to test out my shrimp keeping skills- dont want to feel like a murderer but if I use some culls destined for a fish feed I won't be feeling quite so bad if they don't survive