Not my shrimp- but help needed

Baccus

Ok this is not my shrimp, it belongs to a person I have been in contact with for a while overseas, and they have given me their permission to use their photos for this thread.

First of all this person I got to know through another forum purchased some red rili shrimp back in october 2012 then in late November they mentioned that they thought one of the rilis had a bacterial infection because it was no longer clear in the middle but white.

Below is the first picture they posted of the shrimp in question

dscf2828m.jpg

They ended up isolating the shrimp in question after I had suggested it could be diseased and here is a picture of the same shrimp taken in January this year

dscf3589h.jpg

And a couple of photos they posted just yesterday

dscf3732t.jpgdscf3737n.jpg

Becuase he is still going strong (which I said can happen if kept in good condtions with good food) the person is now wondering if the whitening of the body may actually be because the shrimp has Neocaridina cf. denticulata ´Okayama genes in him.

So my question is this has anyone here heard of or expeienced this gene in rili shrimp before, could this shrimp be this type of cherry shrimp or where our suspicions correct all along and it really is diseased?

This looks exactly like the symptoms displayed by "diseased" shrimp, which from what I've read and seen under the microscope, am almost convinced is related to a protozoan parasite. Theres been some mention of it here on SKF.

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1674-White-cherry?highlight=White+cherry

Thanks, I had sort of forgotten about that thread. But I mainly wanted to be able to tell the other person that it wasn't just myself and them thinking the shrimp was not well. Also since they have now put a female in with the male (felt bad for him being alone for so long), I guess they are going to have a lot more white fleshed shrimp.