Female lying on her side twitching

MIX02U

As the title states, yesterday I found one of my cherry females lying under the filter intake on her side and twitching little. As this was in my newest tank, I freaked thinking there had been a spike of some sort although all other shrimp were fine - including a couple that had recently moulted. Testing WP confirmed all was normal.

About 30 mins later she was hanging on to some driftwood but still twitching. An hour after that she was walking around the tank like she was drunk - constantly falling on her side and staggering all over the place, still twitching.

Today she is 100% normal.

I have not seen this before and am completely confused as no other shrimp are showing any abnormal signs.

can anyone shed some light on it for me??

I thought that could be the issue as there was a fresh shell in her section but on closer inspection one of the other two females was newly berried and this girl in question still has a large saddle.

It does sound like she might have been going through a moult.

A couple of weeks ago I found one of mine on his side twitching and thought he was dying. I picked him up and put him in a breeder box, then realised his shell was kind of peeling away, but it was as though he was sort of stuck. I used tweezers to help pull it off a bit further, then he managed to flick himself out. He was fine after that :)

Or maybe stop putting crack in your tank, lol :congratulatory: seriously though, sounds like moulting :encouragement:

image-74_zps007f036d.jpg

Never seen a reaction like it after a moult - they normally just hide.

By the way squiggle, she kinda looked like the one in the left :p

Thought it was salty shrimp - must have picked up the wrong baggy :onthego:

Lol, just so you know for next time, this is crack not Saltyshrimp :congratulatory:

image-74_zpse0049146.jpg

Ahh, I thought the big rocks were because moisture had got into the tub :stupid: