Sign in to follow this  
Gbang

That's not a blue cherry... This is a blue cherry!!!

Gbang

After three generations of reverse quality selective breeding from the blacks, I can now proudly say I am a contender of Australia's blue cherry breeding programme race.

BEHOLD!!!! The first female blue cherry I am happy with :) fire blue come at me!!!!! Got heaps of males but females the Colour always intensifies too much to black. I will put up a thread on the potential and Colour genes of black cherries soon :)

Enjoy guys!

510FE6DC-8A68-4331-863D-804BE140AF39-4856-000002710E86E180_zpsc0c92339.jpg4682E92F-2AC5-45D3-A760-C50909BD1E2A-4856-00000271109B6E63_zpsde74e9e3.jpgF30932FD-D243-4F8D-BCBB-0D3C605A880F-4856-0000027113A129A7_zpsbd3b3c72.jpg38F319A8-4CFF-4093-B7E5-E431843C16F8-4856-00000271174C391C_zpsf5a0656a.jpg

OzShrimp

wow Gbang thats really really impressive!

hope you manage to get a male and more females of equal intensity.

Squiggle

Wow Gbang, that is one spectacular female & such a strong stunning colour, ALL HAIL THE MASTER!

image-74_zpsed4ec2c6.jpg

JohnH

Wow. Be nice to have some of these on the market once the colour is stable.

Aquathumb

wow.wow.wow fantastic shrimp Gbang! i have some of your blacks.. please let us know how you did this exactly!

honcho

very cooool indeed..

nice work gbang.. !

how many generations did it take to get to that type of blue..?

Heavyd

Gbang the MAN. That shrimp is hot. Well done.

ineke

Wow that is beautiful Well done:encouragement:

BlueBolts

That's Awesome Gbang ! Woweeee......I dare you to put that shrimp on Auction !!!!! Go on..... my 1st bid $500 ! LOL

guppyluv

like the majority WOW first comes to mind but amazing, stunning, wonderful, astonishing, come after i get over how deep the blue is.

CNgo2006

BOOM! Very Nice Bro! Hope that color stays.

MIX02U

Awesome colour G - nice work :encouragement:

Ziek

Nice one mate, can't wait till you have them breeding true

Baccus

Fantastic Shrimp !!! Wow, she is beautiful and I know my other half is going to want me to get him some of them to go with his blue guppy breeding program.

Gbang

Sorry guys I am still having a hectic day. Ill put up some info when I go home :)

BlueBolts

Are you home yet ?

fishmosy

Thats fantastic Gbang. Or should I say its cool bananas?

Gbang

Thanks guys!!! Definately cool bananas!!! Remember though this is just a beginning! Now I have to selectively breed her with a boy I like and it will be at least another 3-5 generations before I believe they will breed true. And for those who asked. This female was the result of three generations of selective breeding in a reverse direction. I first selected black cherries I observed to have a blue base instead of chocolate and continued breeding the blue based black cherries. After all. King Kong babies are.... Blue!!! So with the second generation I breed blue base with blue base and waited for a "low quality" black which is of course.... A blue :) and now to keep breeding in the reverse direction of Colour intensity.

Squiggle

BOOM! You make it sound so simple dude, I wanna be first in line for the ones that breed true :victorious:

image-74_zps2550ed70.jpg

vht009

Beautiful job, well done.

ninja

Congratulations mate, good work, you must be proud.

JPN07

Thats one insane shrimp you got bro. Congrats :encouragement:

Ace027

Good job Gbang :applause:

durro68

Nice one Gbang .... your efforts and dedication paying off!

izzy

WOW Gbang, that's one super sexy blue you have. Well done.