Identify this moss

OzShrimp

• HOF Member

Each to his own I just like all the mosses as long as they are kept under control Java tends to take over if you don't watcu it but it nice in it's own way. It's my be nice day today I love almost everything. Don't know how much longer this state will stay.:cheerful:

Each to his own I just like all the mosses as long as they are kept under control Java tends to take over if you don't watcu it but it nice in it's own way. It's my be nice day today I love almost everything. Don't know how much longer this state will stay.:cheerful:

just until the drugs that got slipped into your drink wear off lol

• HOF Member

How did you know that????????

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

I have something >10 species of moss/liverworts, still love my Java. Except when it gets in my Christmas, and can't tell the bloody difference. It's currently growing on the silicone of my tanks, tops for inventiveness!

• HOF Member

Yes i think it has its uses but growing in the silicone is one of the reasons it's not liked it can quickly clog up your tank if you don't keep it trimmed.

cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

i had java on driftwood from the lfs it looked nice but then the typical traits occurred in terms of it growing and i eventually ended up getting rid of it.

• HOF Member

I'm still liking mine but then I've only has mosses and shrimp since the week after Xmas and its all behaving itself at the moment. I guess I will have to reserve my final opinion until I have had it a few more months. Hope I don't have to pull all the tanks down to get rid of it!

worst pain i had from java was trying to untangle it from my plants when it was Java gone wild!

• HOF Member

I think because I am in my room with the shrimp most of the day I can keep it under control but dont know what will happen when i'm on holidays it may be that i join the ranks and hate it if it has taken over the tanks

i had a 30litre tank which all it had in it was java moss packed to the brim.