Charity Poll

Robert

This is for members to suggest charities for the Shrimp Keepers Forum Charity Sale.

Please input the name of the charities of interest and a brief description of their message and the members of SKF will vote to allocate the funds raised from this event.

Suggestions will close in 2 weeks on 12pm Monday, 11th of March 2013.

Polling will begin 12pm Monday, 11th of March 2013 and will continue for 4 weeks. Closing 11th of April.

Make-A-Wish Australia

To grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.

*Charities message taken directly from the website

*Charities website hyperlinked into the title

http://www.wwf.org.au/

WWF's mission is to halt the degradation of our planet's natural resources and preserve our life-support system – the environment. By doing things smarter, we aim to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, preserving biodiversity so that we all benefit and enjoy our most precious gift. The Earth.

This is my choice as nature and all living creatures are not to blame for the mess us humans have made of this world. I think of the extinct because of loss of habitat, deaths due to oil spills, bush fires, etc.

Make a wish info already up.Reason, have seen the diferance it can make to the lives of others.

Ps my wish is for more shrimp.........

I'm involved with Camp Quality (Kids with Cancer), and Cricket Champs (Disabled kids in Sports)......BUT all charity are great. I do like smaller charity groups that are more hands on etc....as a better % of $ goes back into them .....

I am very big on Kids charities so would also like to nominate

Starlight childrens foundation,

The Starlight Children’s Foundation transforms the experience of hospitalisation and treatment for seriously ill children and their families- Starlight is the only children’s charity with a permanent , physical presence in very major paediatric hospital in the country.

http://www.starlight.org.au

or Sidsandkids

http://www.sidsandkids.org/

SIDS and Kids works to find answers for parents by funding and supporting vital research into stillbirth, SIDS and safe sleeping practices. Through evidence based community education we aim to prevent these deaths and we advocate for and support bereaved families.

Cancer foundation

just lost my dad on Thursday

thats my vote

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one.

Cancer Foundation is my vote also, I lost my step dad 12 years ago, my grandmother and grandfather 3 years apart and my mother has been battling multiple cancers for 7 years... any a good family friend is currently on radiation and chemotherapy for throat cancer... I hate nothing in this world more...

2OFUS I feel your pain. I wish you all the best mate... life is rough sometimes :(

Whoa dude that's heavy, I'm sorry to hear it, I wish you all the best hope you can celebrate his life well

image-74_zpsa9260ed3.jpg

Cancer foundation

just lost my dad on Thursday

thats my vote

Im with ya on the cancer.I lost myfather 31 years ago it suxs , my condolences to mate

Can't we pool the proceeds between say the top 5 charities, all of the causes above are excellent and i'd hate to have to pick out of them.

Mutli choice poll then work out the percentages from there or i dont know if you can have a 5 choice but definitely not a single choice poll unless there is a definite top 5

Australian Suicide Prevention - HOLD ON TO LIFE - Also I think the dates wrong in the first post, should be 11th April not May?

No post = happy to support any charity - kids / cancer / mental health / animal welfare ..... they all do wonderful stuff!

I would also agree with who posted about the smaller charities, as the bigger ones will also have financial backing from big business which i think smaller ones may not :)

https://redhillspecs.eq.edu.au/Pages/default.aspx

I know it's not really a charity but it would be awesome if we could donate to Red Hill Special School.

I work in this school and know first hand just how much we could do with the money..

We specialize in high needs and multiple needs kids and the guiding principle for RHSS is all children have an inalienable right to an education. We achieve this aim through caring and professional staff members offering a curriculum which caters for all ability groups, taking into consideration their range of individual needs and abilities.

I'm involved with Camp Quality (Kids with Cancer)' date=' and Cricket Champs (Disabled kids in Sports)......BUT all charity are great. I do like smaller charity groups that are more hands on etc....as a better % of $ goes back into them .....[/quote']yep i'm with you guys, but with 100's of charities out there hard to choose lol. i also think maybe a charity that is Australia wide, as we here on the forum are. hmm i' not really helping with no suggestion though, i will fix that searching now lol. :D

• HOF Member
This forum is about our pet shrimps so what about the RSPCA ?

+1 for RSPCA

Having 2 kids with aspergers and my self having it I am a big fan of camp autism or anything autism based... second choice for me is steve waughs thing... I seen what this man is doing and he has my vote... he goes about it with out making a fuss he just does what he can in a one on one roll... amazing man giving back after his amazing cricket career... yep Im a big steve waugh fan...