Animated Avatar

OzShrimp

This is very minor but i was wondering if its possible to be able to use an animated gif image as avatar ?

They upload just fine but no animation lol :)

Regards,

Shaun

I'm sure I've seen animated avatars on here before (I think it is Gino who has one, it's funny xD), so I don't think you should be having any problems.

Does the animation work fine when you upload the image to somewhere like Photobucket? :)

yup it works fine on photobucket:)

this is the image i have currently set but as you can see its not animating on the forum

Shrimplogo3_zps3e432af2.gif

Weird o.O

Maybe you could try making it smaller or something? I know yours is small enough to fit the guidelines, but maybe it's just be really finicky xD

I just realised my avatar is a similar shape to yours, even the CRS has the same pattern! Great minds think alike, haha. Only yours is pretty and looks more like a shrimp :P

its odd cause my signature animation works lol :(

perhaps its just not meant to be.

things i do when im bored lol

Make it for premium members only and allow a setting where members can turn off animations, maybe in the posting permissions box at the bottom of the screen.

Golly, you computer savvy people...I was so delighted with myself a few months ago just being able to post pics etc...! LOL

Looks cool.