Forum Maintenance/Downtime

skfadmin

Hi Guys,

I would like to say a big thanks to everyone that has made this place so great and busy!

But because of our success, we have been forced to move to a new MUCH MUCH larger, faster, more secure server:sorrow:

The good news is that the little problems some people have been having will all be fixed.

The forum will be smoother and faster for everyone. :victorious:

We are also doing an overhaul of some back end things that will make it even harder for those dill brains who

try to make multiple profiles and the bigger dill brains who share there login details.

Because of this the forum at some point later this week will be down for about 8-12 hrs while all this takes place.

We apologize for the down time and how the withdrawals are not to hard on you :cower:

Once all this has taken place and everything is back to normal we will be installing a few new features to further add to already great forum.

If any of you have any suggestions about some features you would like added please let us know.

Dates and down times will be announced shortly.

Awesome work guys, can't wait to see the new & improved site, although I'm not sure what to do with myself for a few hours :encouragement:

image-74_zps36ae33a0.jpg

well i will be on SKF still working away :)

i would suggest its the perfect time to give the shrimp tanks a bit af a water change and trim the plants / moss.

take some pics and get ready to post them up tomorrow when we are back :triumphant:

i would also suggest that if any of you have PM's that are important !!!!!!!!!!!

it might be wise to save a copy of them now. i cannot be sure what will happen tonight lol

i have said it before and will say it again..

when a tiler plays around with computers, things are sure to go wrong ;)

Dean you are a tiler...cool... When i get some plans for melbourne shops I will flick them your way mate...

Everything is under way. A test is being performed to ensure everything works correctly before the full move/migration.

You will know when the final move has begun as there will be no access.

can everyone let me know if there are any problems or things not working correctly please.

just add to this thread and ill see what can be done..

we are 98% complete now...

I would just like to add that not having skf for those few hours....... We're the worse hours of my life. First world problems. At least we are organizing a charity :)

I know what you mean Gbang, I was sitting in a corner rocking back & forth, mumbling to myself. Was the longest hour of my life :encouragement:

image-74_zpsab6ea9d7.jpg

• HOF Member

I had withdrawal symptoms so bad that I got my iPad out at 3 am and caught up!!!!!! So sad