Charity Auction/sale

Robert

In the spirit of giving displayed by bb How say we practice some social responsibility and hold a charity sale where all proceeds go to a single paypal account and to a single or divided among a few charities of interest within our community. Im more then happy to put up items for a cause. Maybe even annually so that it becomes some what of a tradition. Some of us never give, some of us think about giving and some of us always give. i think it would be a good beginning of something great.

I think that's a great idea Robert. May I suggest that seeing as we are a forum focussed on animals, that we consider some worthy charities that focus on animal protection and welfare. I would be happy to suggest a few.

Personally i would love to give "The make a wish foundation" a hand. Im not usually the one with a soft heart but this charities cause is heart warming. Maybe individuals can put up items that donate to certain charities and those that dont specify become pooled and divided to charities agreed to by our community. Maybe run a poll with all the charities and divide the donation pool according to the proportions voted.

Nice idea Rob, very noble idea indeed :)

I am open to this idea and can create something on the forum for this to be facilitated.

just nut it out with all the members and when we have a game plan i will put it in place...

Great idea Robert, I'm a fan of of animal welfare/protection charities too as animals/pet rely on us for help. The make a wish foundation is in my book of favorites also, all children need a little hope and what better way to do that than making one of their wishes come true.

Just a brief on the 'Make a wish foundation' its a charity that helps terminally ill childrens wishes come true. Most if not all are very basic. For example, the story that hooked me was of a child that wanted to see snow for the first time before they died.

Always happy to help. And Robert. Awesome idea!!! I will put up 10 black juvie cherries as part of whatever auction we have for charity :) I do like anything for animals but make a wish is good too.

Just remember if you dont have anything to put up then have a loaded pocket to make some purchases. If thing are slightly cheaper then what they would usually sell it'll encourage buying. So if its something youve been saving up for but never had enough then this event might be your lucky day.

Example.

Robert wants a blue bolt but cant afford it.

Marcus donates one to this charity sale for ~$300

Robert buys it

Marcus' donated item is converted to cash which in turn is pooled for charity.

Now lets make this example into a reality because i actually do want a blue bolt.

Ill personally put up something like:

5 x SS CBS - $60

5 x SS CRS - $50

Best thing about donating shrimp is you can always breed more.

Also postage, if someone could think of a way we can trouble shoot page cost it would be great.

I don't have any shrimp to put up yet but I have lots of Bettas & Endlers I can donate, I have Red Halfmoon Bettas, Black Bar Endlers & Red Chilli Endlers, I also have imported orange Endlers but they aren't old enough yet. If anyone is interested in the Bettas & Endlers let me know & I'll put up a couple of pairs of Bettas & trios of Endlers :encouragement:

image-74_zps2550e57f.jpg

Black Bar Endlers

image-74_zpsc875180e.jpg

Red Chilli Endlers

image-74_zps713824b9.jpg

Imported Orange Endlers

image-74_zps8940da7d.jpg

Wow, all of the above are stunning! are you breeding the half moons? id be interested in both the endlers and the half moon.

Thanks Robert, I breed the halfmoons for show, the parents of these both placed in the last international show up here & the Endlers breed like rabbits, the Chillis are a line bred colour variation that have been created from the Black Bars, I'll put up two pairs of Bettas & two trios of the Black Bars & Chillis, if you want me to put up some Orange imports, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks till the fry are sexable, but I will still put two trios up if you want :encouragement:

image-74_zpsb4321731.jpg

Can I put the four ft light and a 3l bag of ada in this? I donated it in bb's first comp a few months back.

Those chilli endlers are wicked and I'd grab some for shiz. Love auctions so having the money go to charities is even better.