RO water question

plecofan09

Great question dude, I'm interested to know what everyone thinks on this one, I've always thought no cause you take all the stuff that can go off out but I'd love find out for sure :encouragement:

image-74_zpscd4bf6f6.jpg

I Fill my 1050ltr water tanks with RO water and they take 30 days to use and it is still good after that time.

i also have a 3000ltr tank filled with RO water for emergency backup that can sit for months without getting used and

still seems to be ok when i use it.

I think the worst thing that could go wrong with it is Contamination if something got into it.

but i would also say the holding container may play a part in how clean it stays also

I

Theoritically, RO water last forever (no organics = no bacteria). Only contaminants would affect it....

• 2 months later...

after speaking with a certain R/O manufacturer, i was told that using food grade plastic is the best for storage in his opinion. like those esky drinking bottles like a coleman.

i guess after all the effort minimising minerals in the water the storage definantely plays a massive part. just be aware of using normal plastic bottles as its a known fact that they leach chems into water within a year of usage.