Some old aquascapes i had.

DG17

Hey guys,

Just testing out how to post pics as i suck on computers, so i thought what better to test it on than 2 old pics of my 6x2x2 aquascapes i made 4 yrs back, definitely nothing compared to what is out these days But was fun at the time.

As it was the same tank i stripped and set up again (due to too much trimming time on my first set up) I ran the same equiptment for both.

Ran 2 huge Eiheim canister pro 3s, dupla co2 and ph controller about 15 bags of eco complete a uv lamp and a teco chiller (all i had in these 6x2x2 tanks wer CRS) as i had 3 250watt halides almost making my tank boil and glass inlet and outlets.

Tank 1

post-1938-139909849336_thumb.jpgall HC and pink rotala in the back ground!

Tank 2

post-816-139909849339_thumb.jpgThat drift wood was over 2x2x2 in size when i got it (off my ex) and covered the branches in phoenix moss, mostly HC and a few stem plants at the front and on the left and on the 'hill" i had heaps of fissidens moss.

I really couldn't wait till this tank grew out but uh..... my ex and i broke up and she took that HUGE one of a kind driftwood "tree" back!! True story!

sorry bout the quality of the pics phone camera!!

post-1433-139909859179_thumb.jpg

post-1433-139909859182_thumb.jpg

Very nice, I like the simplicity of Tank 1, and the contrast of the HC and pink rotala would have been awesome. Ex took the driftwood tree....was she into aquascaping ?

That tree was certainly one of a kind. Never mind there will be more like it.

Looks like you put a lot of work into that first scape - looks very nice!

Have you got more pictures of it?

Hey BB,

nope she hated my aquascape but she loved being irritating so when we broke up she wanted everything back including that wood haha.

All good tho, if that never happened I prob wouldn't have got into my frontosa, or be preparing to keep shrimp

emboli I'm sure I have progession photos, ill find em tonight!! I would have done alot differently if I do it all again!!

How could anyone hate that aquascape? I'm stunned that she would make you destroy a beautiful scape just for a piece of wood, the b!tch! :mad: (How's this one BB?)

image-74_zpse40b38af.jpg

Nice mate... Yep i dont think to many understand females even females..lol.. yep im on the couch tonight... Love the big aqua scapes...

Bahahahahahahhaaha great photo. I love the photo of the first aquascape. What's the second one like at its peak? Or is that a new one? Sorry I dunno

Gbang, it never got to its peak!! The wood was taken before I could get the algae under control on the HC!!

I may try again one day but atm I'm focussing on setting up my shrimp rack and my 2 staffy pups :)