Sign in to follow this  
CNgo2006

Chi's Shrimp

CNgo2006
Looking very cool Chi' date=' hope you don't loose too many more & sort everything out soon :encouragement:[/quote']Thanks squiggs, hoping that as well.Yeah it does suck was to a point I dreaded looking at the tank in case I saw another fatality...The little guy is awesome! He is like a little punk with his white band just on top his head (Im assuming it is a he).

Robert

You didnt notice any change in behavior or colour did you? Mine 'seemed' perfectly healthy NEKMINNIT

CNgo2006
You didnt notice any change in behavior or colour did you? Mine 'seemed' perfectly healthy NEKMINNIT

I did notice some were pale and lethargic, no energy.

2OFUS
Had the same thing happen to me this month. Probably lost half my colony but didnt lose a single shrimplet. Its so strange especially if nothing major has changed in your tank but there is a sudden die off. Mine happened roughly after the time i added some new shrimp.

Bro why didn't u say something to me before bringing over shrimp that have possible bacteria infection

i have had 2 unexplained mishling deaths in last 2 weeks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Blazepelt
      Quick update: Definitely one saddled shrimp possibly 2. 3 Moults. And lots of activity! Here’s more pics.  
    • clippergear
      @Blazepelt  thanks for the advice of just spreading the powder on the surface of the tank for the babies. I hadn't thought of using it that way. @jayc  thanks for the recipe. It's probably very similar to anything Repashy would have but is more nutritious like you said. I know it's way cheaper to make my own!! Thanks for the link to the recipe. I've checked it out and it seems straight forward with readily available ingredients!! I've already located the super greens and the agar agar. I'm assuming I could add some other minerals and stuff to the recipe as well, which I like to do.
    • jayc
      @clippergear, make your own ! I have a recipe somewhere on this forum. It's more nutritious than repashy since they have to keep costs down.  Oh yeah ... found the link. https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/8429-new-food-type-for-shrimp-shrimp-kandy-feast/  
    • Blazepelt
      Hi clippergear, I don’t speak from experience but I hear shrimp adore repashy gel. Which is just repashy powder mixed with water and boiled. It comes out as a jelly. I have never heard of a shrimp that doesn’t like it. Most shrimp even love the straight powder form. It’s especially beneficial to shrimplets as the powder will float all over the tank.    -B
    • clippergear
      When I kept shrimp a while ago I fed them the Repashy Shrimp Souffle and they absolutely loved it. It was an easy product to make and I liked it a lot. I'm getting back into keeping shrimp and found out that Repashy no longer makes the Shrimp Souffle. I was wondering if anyone feeds their shrimp Repashy and if so what kind or kinds?