Thoughts?

blindfisherman

What do people think of these?

Would they be what is being called 'fire red' or whatever in AUS at the moment?

These are some of the older ones I have.

p3240965.jpgp3240978.jpg

This is one of the recent generations.

p8011139.jpg

Excuse the crappy photos, they are from a cheapo camera.

very nice! i would call them fire read cause of there solid red colouration and brightness.

thanks for sharing them

love the first two as the legs are red also, the last pic i would say high grade red cherry. not as nice as the first 2.

very nice though,

The last one is only about 1/2 the size of the others so I'm hoping the colour will get more solid as the shell thickens.

The males are ok for colour coming up to the 4th gen of offspring so will have to see how they go. I will have to try get a clear photo of one showing its true colour.

I haven't been doing anything too interesting with the selective breeding just removing any not up to standard and it seems to be working ok.

Cheers for the comments guys.

I have been sorting through some folders and found these pics.

A sub-adult.

p8011130.jpg

And another mum.

p2030905.jpg

I have been trying to get some with the red antennae too :D

I want want a tank full of cooked crayfish :barbershop_quartet_ (the one on the left is starting to get there)

p8011131.jpg

cant wait for the pic. no one ever shows the male cherry pics as there are not to many with great males i think. :) or maybe the males are really just never as good as girls. TAKE that PHOTO lol :victorious:

cant wait for the pic. no one ever shows the male cherry pics as there are not to many with great males i think. :) or maybe the males are really just never as good as girls. TAKE that PHOTO lol :victorious:

That is easier said than done. They are in a 5 foot tank and there is <10 males (more like 6) and 40-50+ big females. Lucky bunch of guys huh :D