New tank finally setup

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi all,

Big day today setting up my new fish tank. I have back and neck injuries so everything takes much longer than normal. Went from 100 litre tank that was overcrowded to a 200 litre that looks empty!.

Washed and reused the gravel from smaller tank and seeded the filter with filter wool from smaller tank, used a lot of the plants and ornaments and added about 60 litres of water from smaller tank so hopefully it won't take as long to cycle..

It was fun to watch the fish explore, the bettas were in and out of the little barrels in there and the neons were taking turns riding the bubbles of the bubble wand , angels just poked around and the Corey's ventured out in two sepe rate groups . The only loner was the BN as I only have one at the moment. Tank is purely decorative with only plastic plants apart from one large either amazon sword or crypt not sure what it is.

Will post a picture when tomorrow .

So tomorrow the100 litre will be moved and made into a shrimp tank so another big day of washing gravel etc. thinking of putting all my darkest reds into it and just letting them go for it to see what I get. Will just cull the light babies.

Cheers

Ineke

• HOF Member

I was planning to post some tomorrow when the water is clear. It is not up to the standard of most of the tanks on this forum but its done for the grandchildren because they wanted a plane wreck and coloured plants, now that I have started using live plants I don't really like the plastic ones anymore but must keep the kiddie winks happy!!!

Cheers

Ineke

Just some pic on the net, though he embodied the anger I feel about not seeing any pics, lol :congratulatory:

Just some pic on the net' date=' though he embodied the anger I feel about not seeing any pics, lol :congratulatory:[/quote']

I noticed you love posting up some image after a post. I guess that is kinda like your signature huh squiggle?

• HOF Member

Finally here are some pictures of my ebay win. As I said setup for the grand children plastic plants, airplane etc plus 1 sword or crypt not sure which.post-80-139909849286_thumb.jpgpost-80-139909859669_thumb.jpgpost-80-139909859672_thumb.jpg[ATTACH]2160[/ATTACH]post-1108-139909849289_thumb.jpg

Now just waiting for the plants to arrive to setup my 30" shrimp tank that these fish were in. Oh happy days!

post-1377-139909848265_thumb.jpg

post-1377-13990984827_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909848275_thumb.jpg

post-1377-13990984828_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909848285_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Thanks Squiggle the plane is really for hubby although the twin boys will love it when they come over to visit.

i had one of those planes an da giant submarine :( sold them on ebay tho awhile ago.

What are you putting in the tank?

• HOF Member

The tank has 11 female Bettas 1 male Betta, 3 Angels ,11 neons ,6 corys and a bristle nose- they were crowded in the 100 litre tank but this is a 210 litre and it looks empty! It will also house all my culls when I finally get some more. The 2 culls I put in a month ago are still going strong! Don't know if I will put many more fish in it. Probably another BN that leaves room for a few that I might find interesting at some time but my interest is in the shrimp now. If the fish eventually die it will make a cool shrimp tank but for now I will be happy with the 4 shrimp tanks I have. Not bad for a girl who was given 2 free Rcs the week after xmas. When does a room officially become a shrimp room? I have 4 tanks in the computer room now, can that be classed as a shrimp room?????

I have 4 tanks in the computer room now' date=' can that be classed as a shrimp room?????[/quote']

Nope not officially a Shrimp room until you have at least 6 tanks in there, so go out and get 2 more! LOL! From 2 RCS to 4 tanks is not bad at all considering it has only been around 2 months or so.