NoGi's 4ft DIY LED

NoGi

Looking good...

I found putting all those little screws and nuts in real PITA.. lol.. But very glad I got the solderless too, HUGE time saver..

One thing I really like is under those red LEDs the Cherry shrimp almost glow bright red/pink.. ;-)

Thanks. Definite time saver those solderless ones. I didn't have any issues with the screws though, was really easy. I basically put all the nuts in first and lined them up roughly. Added the screws with half a turn so that they had just enough twist to hold onto the bolts. A drop of thermal grease on the LED and angled it in and lined up before dropping onto the heatsink. I had around 2mm to play with from the LED to the heatsink that way.

I think I'll put all the reds on one controller and the cool whites across the remaining 3. Probably get the reds to come on when it's full sun on the controller.

Wired up in 4 segments. Red all the way down and 3 lots of Cool White in 6 x 2 blocks:

wired.jpg

Lenses attached. What a PITA that was:

lenses.jpg

Testing some of the segments, it's much brighter than what the photo shows:

testing.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. It heaps better than my twin T8s. Before I thought I only had 6 yellow shrimplets, today I was having a look at how bright the tank is now and counted around 30 yellow shrimplets. 8-)

• 3 years later...

Finally fixed up the broken images in this build log for those that have been asking.