Blue Cherry Selective Breeding Program

BlueBolts

The Blues are coming along beautifully BB!! Great work with the selective breeding.

Also putting out for dibs on a couple to mix into my blue cherry (mini) colony!! All in good time..

BB' date=' is it ok to mix cherries and TB in the same tank? Will the cherries effect the breeding program of tb?[/quote']

Every single of my tanks are doubled up with Caridina and Neocaridina. They mix in very well, and I don't think they effect each other's breeding whatsoever, in fact my Caridina outbreeds Neocaridina !

Awesome pics BB, you're getting some beautiful strength in the colour, they look amazing! Thanks for sharing :victorious:

Every single of my tanks are doubled up with Caridina and Neocaridina. They mix in very well' date=' and I don't think they effect each other's breeding whatsoever, in fact my Caridina outbreeds Neocaridina ![/quote']

Thx bb, I'm going to double up soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

You've really out done yourself BB, absolutely stunning! That looks as blue as an OEBT, there's a bit of orange in the eyes too, lol :encouragement:

Beautiful colour on the blues bb, can't wait to see them breeding true and what shade they settle at. People on this site are taking cherries to a new level definitely an inspiration.

Cheers mick

Yeah me too' date=' 1st dibs just in case no ones asked, lol.[/quote']

Ah damn forgot. 2nd dibs then LOL

Wow BB you have mastered the blue now for that yucky green hulk;)

You mean the most awesome and beautiful GH Ineke. LoL

• HOF Member

No Blue is my colour ,Blue Velvet, Blue Cherry , Blue from Chocolate cherry and the best -wait for it- The BlueBolts- thats the shrimp ofcourse not the man -although he is very nice too but I didn't say that:D

I do like the GH but you have to stop somewhere or else you NEED MORE TANKS

I heard BB mention he was going to build another rack, he should be starting it very soon, lol :smiley_simmons:

Blue cherry juvi growing and maturing well

null-5-13.jpg

Coming along beautifully BB! Is that a mosura marking developing?

Coming along beautifully BB! Is that a mosura marking developing?

Ooh, a Blue Crystal Mosura....I wish ! Will post more pics of my colony tomorrow....

Well done on reaching this far with the blues. They look outstanding.

Please post pictures of the breeding colony. It will be nice to see them all together.

Awesome job BB! the blues are definitely one of the best colours in the tank!

When u do these breading programs do u notice any changes in breeding rates and survival rates.. like do u get more or less eggs and do u notice lower survival rates or about the same as usual? Do they grow at the same speed as a normal cherry or rili?

Not a great day with the camera 2day....too distracted, and shrimps didn't pose well ! Will try again !

null-6-1.jpg

null-4-2.jpg

I'm personally NOT pleased with them :mad: My last F3's threw out heaps of chocs !!! Grrr, and also the "tiger" pattern has all of a sudden re-appeared to some of my juvi's. Contemplating splitting the program into two tanks ATM.....1. for Blue Cherry, and the 2nd for Fire Blue Cherry :congratulatory: