I'm so excited

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi All,

Just won an ebay auction for a secondhand tank an Aqua One AR-980. This will be the new tank for my fish which leaves me a 2 and a half foot tank for my shrimp!!! Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. Will take a while to get together some driftwood and plants to set it up. so now I have 2 * 20 litre cubes for selective breeding, an Aqua One 380 for a mixed colour tank of shrimp some of which have been promised to me when available. This has become a very expensive enterprise caused by someone giving me 2 cherry shrimp with some plants I bought!!!!!

Very surprised hubby has let me buy so many tanks but he has seen the pleasure this hobby is giving me so guess he's happy that I'm happy.

So once I get some plants etc together and set it up I will have to think what to put in it. Still learning so think I will stick with the cherries at this stage and probably buy different colour culls for a while until i get all my water parameters etc under control and keep the cherries alive for a few more months. Hopefully one of the colours will make an impact on me and then I will know what direction I will go in.

Now I just have to go pick the tank up, wait for hubby to paint the wall where it will go, dismantle the existing fish tank , set up the new fish tank and then finally get to play with the new cherry tank:cheerful::cheerful::cheerful:

oh life's good

Cheers

Ineke

Congrats!! There's nothing like getting another tank to play with, and that's a decent sized tank as well.

Well done Ineke, very exciting......+1 on hubby....he must have read the same book I did, titled....if the wife is happy, I'm happy ! LOL

• HOF Member
Congrats!! There's nothing like getting another tank to play with' date=' and that's a decent sized tank as well.[/quote']

Thanks Heavyd It is a nice size the fish will be happy in the bigger tank and the shrimp will get lost in the old fish tank!!!

• HOF Member
Well done Ineke' date=' very exciting......+1 on hubby....he must have read the same book I did, titled....if the wife is happy, I'm happy ! LOL[/quote']

That's Happy wife Happy life- yes I'm just a tad excited but it will be a few days before the wall gets painted so I can start setting them up. I will be even more excited as I slowly get plants and shrimp.!!!:cheerful:

• HOF Member

Just picked up the tank very nice and quite big. lots of extra bling which I don't usually use but may have to just to fill it up!!! My 32 fish will be lost in there and the culled shrimp -when I need to cull- may have half a chance at getting away from the fish. Now need to bite my tongue and wait patiently until hubby has time to paint wall. Waiting.... waiting... no it won't happen until mid week. And why can't I paint it myself I hear you say? Because the last time I painted i kept being told no do it like this so spat the dummy and have never lifted a paint brush or roller since- mmm 25 years or so me thinks.

Maybe this is all the incentive you need to pick up the brush again. I know I wouldn't be able to wait for someone else to do it and there's an empty tank sitting there.

Well done Ineke' date=' very exciting......+1 on hubby....he must have read the same book I did, titled....if the wife is happy, I'm happy ! LOL[/quote']

He's just baiting you, let you get a few new tanks while he is planning on a new car! LOL! Just joking!

• HOF Member

Yes but if it isn't up to his lordship's standard he will let me know about it for a very long time!!!! I will just sit and wait "big SIGH" no a bit of repair work needs doing first and I'm not a plasterer Al is best leave it to him.

Very nice work, always love getting new tanks, or should I say, I always love being allowed to get new tanks, lol :congratulatory:

• HOF Member
He's just baiting you' date=' let you get a few new tanks while he is planning on a new car! LOL! Just joking![/quote']

Yes I've been waiting to hear what he wants there has been a lot of talking about a hoist for the 4wd so he can work under it standing up when he does the maintainence. MMM me hundreds him thousands LOL all good

Definitely all good, then you can go tens of thousands & maybe get a shrimp room like Dean, lol :encouragement:

• HOF Member
Very nice work' date=' always love getting new tanks, or should I say, I always love being allowed to get new tanks, lol :congratulatory:[/quote']

Hey Squiggle how are you feeling , hopping around alright? Yes it is very nice to get new tanks but I got a certain look that said that is it!!! The Bettas will be happy the girls are starting to squabble so once it is setup they will have plenty of space to get away from each other.

Are you coping alright- when is the next big water changing day? If I was near you I would come and do it just for the pleasure of looking at your Bettas. Mine are lovely but nowhere near show quality, quite a mongrel lot really but some lovely colours. Hopefully they will really blossom in the new tank.

• HOF Member
Definitely all good' date=' then you can go tens of thousands & maybe get a shrimp room like Dean, lol :encouragement:[/quote']

i would be happy just to have a few shrimp like Dean!!!! Have to start squirrelling away the dollars so I can afford some good colours!!

I'm pretty good thanks, the knee is nowhere near as painful as I was told it would be. I'm definitely bored out of my skull, lol, been watching my fish & shrimp a lot, but getting down into the garage takes a while :encouragement:

• HOF Member
I'm pretty good thanks' date=' the knee is nowhere near as painful as I was told it would be. I'm definitely bored out of my skull, lol, been watching my fish & shrimp a lot, but getting down into the garage takes a while :encouragement:[/quote']

Good to hear pain levels are better than you thought! Would be bad if it was worse than you were prepared for. Thank goodness for fish, shrimp and this forum.:encouragement: