Shrimp Suggestions

agbart

So after adding some Neon Tetras to my tank for a bit of colour and having 2 eaten by my long arm shrimp in the first night, it's time to get some shrimp that won't eat the litle fishies. What type of shrimp do people recommend for someone starting out? Keeping in mind that I'm not real keen on the top grade stuff yet as I'm still learning and although my tank is stable and the long arms are very happy I'm still worried about killing anything fancy I put in there. So anything cheap that has a little bit of colour is all I'm after and I would also need to source them online as I live in the sticks.

Thanks in advance.

Mate can't beat the cherries, don't cost a fortune, Colours range from red, yellow, chocolate, black, blue, plenty to choose from and very hardy Just don't mix the colours because they will cross Enjoy

Awesome, thanks. I bought all my plants and the Neons online from Livefish and they're asking $6.50 each, is that a decent price? I have no idea of the value of these things it seems as they're also asking $12.50 for a long arm shrimp when I can walk down to the river and catch a bucket full of them in an hour and it only costs me a bit of tasty cheese. I'm not fussed on the colour as long as they're a little coloured I'd be happy.

mate red cherries should be around $ 50cents to a $1.00 each so check out your local gumtree etc you should be able to get some somewhere

Yes I am a cheap bastard :)

Seriously Gbang, with your name, pic of you shoving a banana in your mouth, I wouldn't make these sort of statements...LOL

Yes I am a cheap bastard :)

Are you easy as well?;)

Do you have any elcheapos going at the moment? Actually I'm not even sure how many I want, how many do you guys recommend for a 30ltr tank?

Big thanks to Gbang for sorting me out, my shrimps turned up this morning all alive and healthy. I had no idea they were so tiny and cute, they make the long arms look like giants. They've already settled in the tank and are feeding like crazy off all the algae in there.

Thanks again Gbang I'm super happy and super impressed with your service.